Do you like it here?

the rep system is retarded - reputation should be an unspoken respect for good posters. who cares who donated marklar to who, that shit wouldn't be happening if it were realy money anyway

Ok, so ...
1. No one likes the rep system
2. We need more styles
3. We need a way to set the user's preferred default style

That's about what I'm seeing, right?

theacoustician said:
Ok, so ...
2. We need more styles

the rep system needs to be modified to prevent abuse.

Coqui said:
the rep system needs to be modified to prevent abuse.
What's the point of modifying the rep system to prevent abuse if it doesn't do anything in the first place? I mean, unless we think up a good use for it, seems better just to get rid of it than try and repair something that has no point. Right?

theacoustician said:
What's the point of modifying the rep system to prevent abuse if it doesn't do anything in the first place? I mean, unless we think up a good use for it, seems better just to get rid of it than try and repair something that has no point. Right?

Fair enough. I just know some people are up in arms about it currently.

theacoustician said:
Ok, so ...
2. We need more styles

That's a good starting point. The reputation system is the primary thing. It IS pretty useless. Time and content will demonstrate who deserves respect and who doesn't.

Don't forget my suggestion about being king and the marklar penence thing. Oh, and dreamwalker being made my sex slave. ;)

Viremia said:
That's a good starting point. The reputation system is the primary thing. It IS pretty useless. Time and content will demonstrate who deserves respect and who doesn't.

Don't forget my suggestion about being king and the marklar penence thing. Oh, and dreamwalker being made my sex slave. ;)
How about I just name rape you to "Turd Ferguson" and make your title "I <3 boobs"?

theacoustician said:
How about I just name rape you to "Turd Ferguson" and make your title "I <3 boobs"?
6 of one, half a dozen of another

dreamwalker said:
:wtf:

I'm no one's slave, honey, I keep slaves of my own ;)
think of it as new adventure, kinda like bilbo and the dwarves :cool:

theacoustician said:
Ok, so ...
2. We need more styles

i personally dig the current style, but yeah, it seems there are requests for others.

if you feel like investing work and dealing with a bunch of complaints, you could do a poll of what contrast people want (black or light background, etc.) and maybe what colors, then create a new style.

and what do you mean "set the user's preferred default style?"

ChikkenNoodul said:
I like the rep, mainly because of the mouseover messages :shifty:

But I'd like to see it grow more slowly, donating gives way too much of it.

And it'd be nice if it wasn't anonymous.

Otherwise I love this place.

I changed the donation amount. And rep can be changed so that you can see who left it...

I like it here. it's a pleasant change from another board I post on