do you like bugs?

Viremia said:
that is NOT a bug

it's an insect

bugs are a specific group (orthopterin or something like that) within the order insectia

an entomology professor I had in college beat that shit into our heads

I'm impressed that anyone recognized that fact. True bugs belong to class Insecta, order Hemiptera.

BTW, I don't mind insects, arachnids, or myriapods much, but if I saw something like a roach in my house I wouldn't be getting rid of it myself, I'd get my son to do it. I do spider duty pretty regularly in the office, but roaches go well above and beyond the call of duty :eek:

Order Hemiptera is identified primarily by their mouth parts and wings. True bugs include Shieldbugs or Stink-bugs, Capsid Bugs, Bedbugs, Assassin Bugs, Water Bugs.

I cheated and used Google to find the names of the bugs, I didn't remember them and was too lazy to find my son's book about insects :o

dreamwalker said:
Order Hemiptera is identified primarily by their mouth parts and wings. True bugs include Shieldbugs or Stink-bugs, Capsid Bugs, Bedbugs, Assassin Bugs, Water Bugs.

I cheated and used Google to find the names of the bugs, I didn't remember them and was too lazy to find my son's book about insects :o
one of the only families of bugs I remember is the Pentatomidae (stink bugs)

don't ask me why I remember these things. I'm sure it's taking up space that could be better used by useful information :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Viremia said:
one of the only families of bugs I remember is the Pentatomidae (stink bugs)

don't ask me why I remember these things. I'm sure it's taking up space that could be better used by useful information :(

It's interesting though. I remember several orders of insects from school, specifically Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) and Hymenoptera (bees, wasps, ants, etc.). Maybe I'm weird, but I like that kind of stuff.

dreamwalker said:
It's interesting though. I remember several orders of insects from school, specifically Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) and Hymenoptera (bees, wasps, ants, etc.). Maybe I'm weird, but I like that kind of stuff.

And I'm lucky if I remember what calsses I took at all...And I was a good girl in High school, no drugs, no drinking (well not really) and no sex. Graduated in the top 50 out of 850, honors society, Beta Club...all that. How come I don't remeber a damn thing? I must have been asleep for most of it. Or just too bored to care.

JJ Lady said:
And I'm lucky if I remember what calsses I took at all...And I was a good girl in High school, no drugs, no drinking (well not really) and no sex. Graduated in the top 50 out of 850, honors society, Beta Club...all that. How come I don't remeber a damn thing? I must have been asleep for most of it. Or just too bored to care.
I also remember that the brush-footed butterfly is in the Family Nymphalidae (sp?) because I had a mnemonic that went something like this:

nymp -> nympho -> sexy woman who wants to have lots of sex with me -> she will be wearing a french maid's outfit to excite me -> maids clean my apartment -> she would therefore need a brush for all the dust -> and being a nympho she'd be walking all over my back in high-healed shoes (on her feet) -> and later I would lick butter off her naked body

follow all that?

now you have insight into how fucked up my mind is :tard:

oh, and I barely graduated high school :D

JJ Lady said:

Depends on what you're interested in. I also took accounting, and can barely remember a damned thing about it :(

Viremia said:
I also remember that the brush-footed butterfly is in the Family Nymphalidae (sp?) because I had a mnemonic that went something like this:

nymp -> nympho -> sexy woman who wants to have lots of sex with me -> she will be wearing a french maid's outfit to excite me -> maids clean my apartment -> she would therefore need a brush for all the dust -> and being a nympho she'd be walking all over my back in high-healed shoes (on her feet) -> and later I would lick butter off her naked body

follow all that?

Yeah, fucked up all right, but don't feel too bad, you're in the right place for it :p

Viremia said:

follow all that?

Haha, that rocks.

I flunked out of high school :p

Viremia said:
that is NOT a bug

it's an insect

bugs are a specific group (orthopterin or something like that) within the order insectia

an entomology professor I had in college beat that shit into our heads
Can you give a "bug" example? Rolly Pollies? :fly: