Do you guys budget for OTHER people's weddings and events?

my dad offered us a check in place of the wedding bill, and i declined. spange didn't dare stop me but he knew it would be smarter to take the check for a down payment.
after the wedding, spange agreed that although not as practical, you couldn't put a price on the day we had.

so yes, it is way overpriced, but see zengirl's thoughts on how invaluable it can be.

i think people miss out on some wonderful times if they only base decisions on practicality. that, and each person needs to do what they wish for. some wish for dresses and cake, some wish for colorado, some wish for only the signature at the courthouse. they are all invaluable if the decision is made honestly.

I went to visit my grandmother this weekend for her 89th birthday, she was unable to attend the wedding, so we went to her place and played the wedding video for her. OMG I totally cried at two different parts. It was expensive and stupid and impractical and everything, but holy moly was it romantic and sentimental. You really can't put a pricetag on memories like that.
Maybe because I haven't been through a wedding, but I get those same happy feelings without the huge event. I've never been interested in weddings. Nor have I ever felt emotional for anyone elses marriage.

Humbug, I guess?

Maybe because I haven't been through a wedding, but I get those same happy feelings without the huge event. I've never been interested in weddings. Nor have I ever felt emotional for anyone elses marriage.

Humbug, I guess?

Well, the guy who officiated at our wedding put it much more eloquently than I can say, but he basically said that a wedding isn't only about two people, it's the years spent among family and friends who teach us how to love, and without whose support and teaching throughout the years, we wouldn't be who we are today. Weddings are about bringing families together, and you know, we went through the eloping thing and the big wedding thing, and I have to honestly say it didn't feel real until after we had done the big wedding thing in front of our families and friends. Eloping made it legal, the wedding made it real. :heart:

fuck all that shit, I'm eloping if I ever get married
plus my parents haven't seen each other in ~32 years :omy:

fuck all that shit, I'm eloping if I ever get married
plus my parents haven't seen each other in ~32 years :omy:

I had all 4 of my parents attend my wedding, there were family members there who had parted on very bad terms > 20 years ago who still showed up, and there wasn't a single incident that I was aware of. It was pretty awesome.

Well, the guy who officiated at our wedding put it much more eloquently than I can say, but he basically said that a wedding isn't only about two people, it's the years spent among family and friends who teach us how to love, and without whose support and teaching throughout the years, we wouldn't be who we are today. Weddings are about bringing families together, and you know, we went through the eloping thing and the big wedding thing, and I have to honestly say it didn't feel real until after we had done the big wedding thing in front of our families and friends. Eloping made it legal, the wedding made it real. :heart:
In picking up what you are putting down. Just having a hardtime seeing how eloping is less of a feeling.

In picking up what you are putting down. Just having a hardtime seeing how eloping is less of a feeling.

it isn't imo...it's about 2 people being together, not 200 gawkers shitting things up and unnecessarily complicating things

Well I think everyone has their own idea of the perfect romantic moment so I guess there isn't a universal formula. I really don't know how to explain it but it was weird for us after the Vegas thing, we were married but it just didn't seem real until we took vows in front of our families. I guess maybe because neither of us is religious and we didn't have religious ceremonies, it wasn't like we made vows in front of God or anything, making the vows in front of our friends and family just seemed to seal the deal moreso than doing so in front of a rent-a-rev in our hotel room in Vegas. :lol: Not to say that isn't a great memory and a lot of fun ;) I'm really glad we got to do it both ways. Now I want to do it again, and get married in Vegas by Elvis this year!!!

i have to go to a wedding next month

there's not a snowballs chance in hell im going

budget for that? saved. are they fuck getting a toaster.