do you ever worry about retribution?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
we brought home some taco bell tonight and the order was almost completely botched. spange ended up contacting the manager, who said that personally, if he were a consumer with that many problems, he wouldn't go back. so much for that. so of course he asked for his name so we could write the company (i'm a firm believer in both complaining and complimenting "abnormal" service.) but i always worry that standing up for things or going the extra mile to out someone for the right will earn me an egged house, or slashed tires, or someone finding where i live. my thought was "what if the guy has caller id at taco bell and on his off-time decides to harass us?" am i just a cat or does everyone think of these things?
and have you ever been harassed for doign something? do you not do something because you think it'll end poorly?

I highly doubt anyone would harass you. It's the food service industry.

People who work in the food service industry really don't care. It's too much of their time to give you shit about being unhappy in a simple situation. It's not like he's going to jail or is going to loose large amounts of cash or drugs. Once you start dealing with screwing with people's money or drugs that's when you can expect to wake up dead.

I really don't worry about stuff like that. And I do not hesitate to complain if something is wrong. I think it matters how you do it. I pull out the WV accent and the southern charm if I need something and usually it gets fixed.

I e-mailed subway bitching because there was a tip jar next to the register after some of the worse service ever one time. If the service had been fair I wouldn't care but after shitty service it was just an insult. I got a few coupons for free subs and a letter apologizing and saying it would be dealt with. I just avoided the place for a while and when i went there again that whole staff was gone and so was the tip jar.

Moist zombies are coming after you thorn.

every time i go out to eat with my mom i worry about retribution. i have to make a point of telling her DO NOT COMPLAIN UNTIL I GET MY FOOD.

every time i go out to eat with my mom i worry about retribution. i have to make a point of telling her DO NOT COMPLAIN UNTIL I GET MY FOOD.

I have a co-worker like that. After he got banned from a few places everyone started refusing to allow him to come to lunch with us.

I worry.. more than I should probably.. there are just so many crazies in the world.

key your car, egg your house, etc.. yeah, I worry. one of the reasons I never got a vanity license plate, too easy to find YOUR car if someone has beef with you.