Do you eat the skin on a baked potato?

kristchan said:
if they're done right. scrubbed clean and oiled before baking. so they're all nice and crispy. :drool:

Reminds me of fried potatoes when camping......... lotsa bacon grease, big iron skillet, potatoes and season salt. :drool:

Not usually, but I love "stuffed" potato skins, which consists of a potato skin (all the "meat" of the potato scooped out), with cheese, sour cream, bacon, ranch sauce, etc. put on top, and then baked again so that it all comes together. :drool:

berzerker said:
Not usually, but I love "stuffed" potato skins, which consists of a potato skin (all the "meat" of the potato scooped out), with cheese, sour cream, bacon, ranch sauce, etc. put on top, and then baked again so that it all comes together. :drool:

Oh hell! I made some of those for Thanksgiving last year- only difference is I added some chopped garlic to the mix. :drool:

I :heart: the skin. All crispy and delicious.... :drool:

I usually eat the inside and then come back with more butter and sour cream and bacon bits and stuff. It's like a ghetto potato skin and it's delicious.

BigDov said:
Oh hell! I made some of those for Thanksgiving last year- only difference is I added some chopped garlic to the mix. :drool:
Yup, I add chopped garlic when I make them as well.

Sometimes I do some variation... For instance, I once:
1) took some large shrimp
2) cut them into bite-size pieces
3) took small pieces of bacon and wrapped them around the shrimp

And put those on top of the potatoes with jack cheese, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil.

berzerker said:
Yup, I add chopped garlic when I make them as well.

Sometimes I do some variation... For instance, I once:
1) took some large shrimp
2) cut them into bite-size pieces
3) took small pieces of bacon and wrapped them around the shrimp

And put those on top of the potatoes with jack cheese, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil.

omg :drool:

YOU ARE HIRED!!!! Anytime you want, you may cook delicious food for me :D

:heart:

BigDov said:
omg :drool:

YOU ARE HIRED!!!! Anytime you want, you may cook delicious food for me :D

I love potatoes
I love bacon
I love shrimp
I love cheese

So I figured, "why not put them all together?"

And I'm very glad that I did. :drool:

berzerker said:

I love potatoes
I love bacon
I love shrimp
I love cheese

So I figured, "why not put them all together?"

And I'm very glad that I did. :drool:

Ooo...Paula Dean from Lady & Sons made some her show the other day. Very similar to that. Maybe its on Food Netwrok's web site....

JJ Lady said:
Ooo...Paula Dean from Lady & Sons made some her show the other day. Very similar to that. Maybe its on Food Netwrok's web site....

O rily? She's :cool: by me then.