Do you eat the skin on a baked potato?

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
kristchan said:
if they're done right. scrubbed clean and oiled before baking. so they're all nice and crispy. :drool:


Reminds me of fried potatoes when camping......... lotsa bacon grease, big iron skillet, potatoes and season salt. :drool:
 
B

berzerker

Guest
Not usually, but I love "stuffed" potato skins, which consists of a potato skin (all the "meat" of the potato scooped out), with cheese, sour cream, bacon, ranch sauce, etc. put on top, and then baked again so that it all comes together. :drool:
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
berzerker said:
Not usually, but I love "stuffed" potato skins, which consists of a potato skin (all the "meat" of the potato scooped out), with cheese, sour cream, bacon, ranch sauce, etc. put on top, and then baked again so that it all comes together. :drool:


Oh hell! I made some of those for Thanksgiving last year- only difference is I added some chopped garlic to the mix. :drool:
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
I :heart: the skin. All crispy and delicious.... :drool:

I usually eat the inside and then come back with more butter and sour cream and bacon bits and stuff. It's like a ghetto potato skin and it's delicious.
 
B

berzerker

Guest
BigDov said:
Oh hell! I made some of those for Thanksgiving last year- only difference is I added some chopped garlic to the mix. :drool:
Yup, I add chopped garlic when I make them as well.

Sometimes I do some variation... For instance, I once:
1) took some large shrimp
2) cut them into bite-size pieces
3) took small pieces of bacon and wrapped them around the shrimp

And put those on top of the potatoes with jack cheese, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
berzerker said:
Yup, I add chopped garlic when I make them as well.

Sometimes I do some variation... For instance, I once:
1) took some large shrimp
2) cut them into bite-size pieces
3) took small pieces of bacon and wrapped them around the shrimp

And put those on top of the potatoes with jack cheese, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil.


omg :drool:

YOU ARE HIRED!!!! Anytime you want, you may cook delicious food for me :D

:heart:
 
B

berzerker

Guest
BigDov said:
omg :drool:

YOU ARE HIRED!!!! Anytime you want, you may cook delicious food for me :D

:heart:

:heart:

I love potatoes
I love bacon
I love shrimp
I love cheese

So I figured, "why not put them all together?"

And I'm very glad that I did. :drool:
 

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
16,870
707
548
berzerker said:
:heart:

I love potatoes
I love bacon
I love shrimp
I love cheese

So I figured, "why not put them all together?"

And I'm very glad that I did. :drool:
PIF delicious goodies?
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
41
Savannah, GA
berzerker said:
:heart:

I love potatoes
I love bacon
I love shrimp
I love cheese

So I figured, "why not put them all together?"

And I'm very glad that I did. :drool:


Ooo...Paula Dean from Lady & Sons made some her show the other day. Very similar to that. Maybe its on Food Netwrok's web site....
 
B

berzerker

Guest
JJ Lady said:
Ooo...Paula Dean from Lady & Sons made some her show the other day. Very similar to that. Maybe its on Food Netwrok's web site....

O rily? She's :cool: by me then.