Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,768
Steam
heyfubuddy
You have GOT to be kidding me.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/567/567248p1.html

November 17, 2004 - How long has been since you last heard anything about Duke Nukem Forever?. Gone through puberty? Been married AND divorced? Finish your entire high school career? Regardless of whatever it is you've been doing for the last several years, though, Duke Nukem Forever has been in development that entire time. And now, for the first time in... well, forever, some real official conversation about the game has finally begun to surface.

Originally posted a week ago on the 3D Realms website but only now brought to our attention, This Post by Duke Nukem Forever producer George Broussard relates rather directly to the progress of the game. Though he's only requesting ideas for scripted events from avid Duke Nukem maniacs, it's at least some kind of confirmation that plans for the game are still underway and that the game is in active production. For those of you who don't want to click over to see what it says, we've reprinted the post below verbatim:

" So...

Assume there are Pig Cops running wild through Vegas and fighting against Earth forces or harassing human civilians.

Feel free to post any interesting scripted events that contain the above elements. Nothing too complex. I'm talking about little 5-8 second things that you can see happening in the distance, or as you enter a new area, or whatever. Nothing that's 20 seconds long. Nothing that's going to involve 20 actors.

Examples: You walk up to a corner and see a Pig Cop dragging an EDF Soldier by his feet behind the wall. Or you walk up and see a Pig Cop holding an EDF Soldier off the ground with 1 arm, choking him, and then he tosses the body aside.

Think action movies. Think short, sweet and focused and things that isn't so complex you have to worry about interrupting them.

We have plenty of ideas, but it's always good to hear from people that play games.

I'll check back from time to time."

Drool-Boy said:
"I came to chew bubble gum and kick ass.
And I left my dentures at home!"
"I'm gonna hire a youth to rip off your head and then I'll pour my colostomy bag down your kneck."