WTF Djent- Yay or Nay?

How the fuck does he get that drumming sound of a bass guitar?
The string is at least twice the diameter of a regular bass E string. It's an octave LOWER.
the speaker cones will get really percussive at those frequencies.

The real question DJ is what kind of speaker system did the guy build to handle those frequencies?
Also most heads don't go that low, meaning hes gotta be down under 30HZ.
Id play the vid through my bass system, but I only sport 12s and 10s and I fear I couldn't play it louder than 3.

The string is at least twice the diameter of a regular bass E string. It's an octave LOWER.

The real question DJ is what kind of speaker system did the guy build to handle those frequencies?
Id play the vid through my bass system, but I only sport 12s and 10s and I fear I couldn't play it louder than 3.
It's a F# string, below B, like that vampyre bass by warwick, i think full uprights are F#, right?

It's a F# string, below B, like that vampyre bass by warwick, i think full uprights are F#, right?
The description says E an octave below bass guitar.
Uprights are EADG like a bass guitar.

The F# would have been more logical in a system of perfect 4ths. I've read about 6 and 7 string Bass's which have a low F# as the root string and let me just tell you that would fuck me up.
Took me 5 years to acclimate to a low B.
Almost 15 years to adapt my slap style to a 5 string, and I'm completely lost slapping on a BEADGC 6 string.

I'm no pioneer.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I've read about 6 and 7 string Bass's

tumblr_inline_nzhn5gvfFA1txjeci_500.gif

Well, when you take into account the scale length of the string and the pickup placement along with the resonant frequency and port tuning of a typical bass cab.....

Oh fuck it.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Strings