WTF Djent- Yay or Nay?

nukes

I Eat Buttholes Raw
Apr 15, 2016
Here
www.upyourassnotmine.com
Marklar
₥123,213
Thanks to Definitely and Paco I've been listening to all the album's I can find by Animals As Leaders.
Apparently they are djent?
Wikipedia makes it known the very term sparks controversy within the metal world.
Guitarist from Periphery says it's a sound not a genre.
Is it pejorative? I like the music.
I also like Periphery, but I've only heard a few tunes so I can't really say whether I'm a true fan like I'm becoming for AAL.
Metalheads chime in!

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
Thanks to Definitely and Paco I've been listening to all the album's I can find by Animals As Leaders.
Wikipedia makes it known the very term sparks controversy within the metal world.
I also like Periphery, but I've only heard a few tunes so I can't really say whether I'm a true fan like I'm becoming for AAL.
Metalheads chime in!

Why did you not hit Return after the question? Don't you want your post to have any sort of panache?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
What's a Djent?

Autocorrect doesn't even recognize it, wants to say Dent.

It must not be a word.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
That's bullshit. I shoe-horned a post of yours into the same sentence as "panache" and you give best answer to that?
Jesus Christ, there is no appreciation around here whatsoever. What a bunch of boobs I waste my time with.
"There's a flag on the field, one of the teams is requesting a video footage review of the play.
And now, a word from our sponsors..."

Metalheads chime in!
Djent bassist:

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Metalheads chime in!

tl;dr

Djent sounds like a made up card game from an RPG.

And it's not "rocket propelled grenade".