DIY: Removing Stiches

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
So I have a half day today and I am supposed to go to the Dr. to get my stitches removed. I'm really not keen on sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours to have him take 5 minutes to take some cat gut out of my hand so I'm considering doing it myself at home and enjoying the rest of the day off.

Here's the facts.

I've had stitches before, I've seen what is involved in removing them. The cut is clearly healed and is unlikely to reopen. I'm not an idiot and I know how to be clean and avoid infection.

So what do you think, do it myself, or go to the Dr.?

So I have a half day today and I am supposed to go to the Dr. to get my stitches removed. I'm really not keen on sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours to have him take 5 minutes to take some cat gut out of my hand so I'm considering doing it myself at home and enjoying the rest of the day off.

Here's the facts.

I've had stitches before, I've seen what is involved in removing them. The cut is clearly healed and is unlikely to reopen. I'm not an idiot and I know how to be clean and avoid infection.

So what do you think, do it myself, or go to the Dr.?

With anything like that you always have to think in the rare occasion something does go wrong you end up jacking your wound up and making a worse scar. It's better to just have the Dr. do it.

Because if for some reason you don't get all the stitch out, somehow, someway, you wind up running the risk of an infected abcess growing in the area where you pulled your stitches.

At least it's not staples.

With anything like that you always have to think in the rare occasion something does go wrong you end up jacking your wound up and making a worse scar. It's better to just have the Dr. do it.

Noted. I've considered this as well, it's the reason I will probably chicken out and go to the Dr. anyways.

Do it yourself. That, at least, has the potential to be entertaining for the rest of us.

I'll take pictures of the blood spatter for you.

sure, why not? get some tiny scissors, some tweezers and you should be fine

You just want me to fuck up my hand so you have an easier time beating me at golf.

Only had stitches twice. Was always after a surgery. Always just had the doc remove it on the followup visit.

I've had them a number of times for random stupid shit as a kid and pulled them out without incident a number of times as well...there is really nothing to it

My dad used to take out my stiches as a kid.

It's not fucking rocket surgery.

...dad worked at a hospital at the time tho. :fly:

the only stitches i've had were the dissolving ones, and those were after surgeries. i think i'd faint if i had to pull out my own stitches. someone else's? sure. not my own. :barf:

Lobotomies. WTF I had no idea these things were real. Thought it was a Frankenstein thing. Come to find out Rose...Kennedy had one done?

the only stitches i've had were the dissolving ones, and those were after surgeries. i think i'd faint if i had to pull out my own stitches. someone else's? sure. not my own. :barf:

it feels like pulling a bit of string between 2 fingers...if anything it tickles a bit

Just go see Dr. Nick

dr_nick.png

btw what is your issue with going to the Dr.

Whatever happens, I will pay for it. You have a right to have your stitches removed and I feel it is my duty to support that right.

Which reminds me, where did Big Brotha Lova go? I owe him some money too.