WTF Disgusting co-worker habits

sometimes I have to say stuff outloud (if I can't write it down) to remember it, like a string of numbers or whatever. I have shit visual memory but I'll remember the sound. idk brains are dumb. I don't doubt that it's obnoxious, though, and I don't do it all the time, and usually just the thought of how it sounds? is enough for me, I only actually have to say it aloud when I'm really struggling. 90% of the time the only way I can get anything done at work is with my headphones on.
We all have our quirks - I talk & swear at the PC all day. And after phone calls - gal across the hall will be "so, they were a real asshole?:fly:". Shaddup Kim, I know I just muttered that really loud.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Fucking rubber stamping inspection paperwork is pretty god damned disgusting to me.
Especially when I've spent the past 3 weeks going over it, figuring out what was wrong with it, and talking with the supplier about how to fix it so we could still accept it.

Nope, just "hur dur :stamp: now management is gonna get off my back about this cause my numbers are up!"

I let my manager have the packet and my notes on why the paperwork was wrong. I can't deal with it today.

Another dept has gotten horribly behind in paperwork, to the point where twice weekly progress meetings were going to take place (how that helps progress, I dont know.) So we got some of it dumped on us while our managers fought getting it dumped on us.
I dont have a dedicated program assigned to me, and I fill in the gaps, so I got a lot of the inspection data and such to go over. I did well at it, got some recognition from the dept head for my efforts, etc.
I had one fucking packet left that I was working through, ~100 pages of shit that needs to be checked and cross referenced. Other than a few things that appear to be typos but were in a place that would be very bad if they weren't, it was good. Supplier was reviewing and checking their copies and was going to upload the corrected files.

Then the manager of the backlogged dept spends half of yesterday in a meeting with his boss and I find out this morning that the packet I was working on was signed off by him with no corrections submitted and no notes about any issues within it.

Fucking rubber stamping inspection paperwork is pretty god damned disgusting to me.
Especially when I've spent the past 3 weeks going over it, figuring out what was wrong with it, and talking with the supplier about how to fix it so we could still accept it.

Nope, just "hur dur :stamp: now management is gonna get off my back about this cause my numbers are up!"

I let my manager have the packet and my notes on why the paperwork was wrong. I can't deal with it today.

Another dept has gotten horribly behind in paperwork, to the point where twice weekly progress meetings were going to take place (how that helps progress, I dont know.) So we got some of it dumped on us while our managers fought getting it dumped on us.
I dont have a dedicated program assigned to me, and I fill in the gaps, so I got a lot of the inspection data and such to go over. I did well at it, got some recognition from the dept head for my efforts, etc.
I had one fucking packet left that I was working through, ~100 pages of shit that needs to be checked and cross referenced. Other than a few things that appear to be typos but were in a place that would be very bad if they weren't, it was good. Supplier was reviewing and checking their copies and was going to upload the corrected files.

Then the manager of the backlogged dept spends half of yesterday in a meeting with his boss and I find out this morning that the packet I was working on was signed off by him with no corrections submitted and no notes about any issues within it.
Agreed - very irksome.
Passing known bad work is a no-no. When I was a toolmaker, after 1 or 2 obvious strikes, you were out. You fessed up, and made your peace with it being scrap or needing weld, etc. Big part of your credibility in that environment. If not caught further downstream in your company, it could look really bad at the customer level when discovered.