Dinner party gift idea

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So chim and I have been invited to a dinner with a high school classmate of mine and his wife. Now I haven't seen him since graduation 12 years ago, nor have I met his wife. I have not officially come out to him, but obviously he knows as my status on facebook has me engaged to a person named Tim and links to various gay fund raisers and underwear ads.

So all and all, an awkward reunion will ensue.

He did mention loosely he is a wine guy and kindly invited us to his place for dinner and drinks. I would like to do the proper wifey thing a make a nice gift basket or to bring something along as a homewarming gift.

I have a nice woven pumpkin basket similar to this:

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.82740716.jpg

"stuffed" inside are leaves like this

http://images.partycity.com/images//products/en_us/pc//detail/312875_dt.jpg

Inside is a bottle of mellow chardonnay that can work with any palette, a couple of homemade cork toppers (one apple topped, one pumpkin topped), and some pumpkin suckers just loosely thrown in. I can take pics when I get home.

Do you think this is enough? Do you think this is appropriate? Should I bring over a food item or two?

It's commonly known amongst us straight folks that if you need some new, trendy kitchen stuff, invite over a gay couple you haven't seen in a while. Your alls eyes for gifts are fantastic

:lol:

A fun game to play when visiting someones house is go to a dollar store or any relative cheap store and get a few various bad ceramic miniature statues. Then spend the night hiding them throughout the persons house and try to leave before they start noticing them.

Clowns always go over well.

A fun game to play when visiting someones house is go to a dollar store or any relative cheap store and get a few various bad ceramic miniature statues. Then spend the night hiding them throughout the persons house and try to leave before they start noticing them.

:lol: that's awesome!

Good idea. Will try in the future. Maybe leaving some in the bathroom in intimate places. :fly:

What you have sounds good but if you feel like it is not enough then possibly take some form of desert. Cake etc.

Hmm, maybe pumpkin muffins (made from pumpkin cake mix), frosted tastefully and seasonally appropriate? With a fresh hit of nutmeg and cinnamon?

When I attend dinner parties I usually only bring a bottle of red and white, that's the custom I find.

There is a bottle of white in the basket (the label color matches the leaves). You think a side bottle of red in a nice jute bag like this
http://ecopromosonline.com/images/4783577.jpg

Maybe also decorated a bit? Maybe I can hot gun a leaf or two on that bag.

There is a bottle of white in the basket (the label color matches the leaves). You think a side bottle of red in a nice jute bag like this
http://ecopromosonline.com/images/4783577.jpg

Maybe also decorated a bit? Maybe I can hot gun a leaf or two on that bag.

I think so yes. And I'd put a nice tasteful bow round the bottle just to make it a bit thoughtful. :) Not a big pink one or anything but ya know.

:lol: that's awesome!

My wife and I did it one time at one of our friends with a tons of small ceramic pandas. She called my wife a day later saying she keeps finding pandas all through out her house and no one there had a clue where they came from and it was tripping her out. We put them in places like the bathroom cabinet, on bookshelves, behind dishes in her cabinets, etc. We spent the whole time there trying so hard to keep from laughing and busting ourselves out.

I thoroughly love this idea.

:heart: