Dinner Fixins

I'm sure you've been asked this a hundred times, but I haven't heard the answer. If you're vegan, why do you eat things intended to taste like non-vegan things?

Well not being vegan I can't answer that, I cook vegan food because if there's one vegan around (which they usually is) then it has to be vegan. Although as a meat eating friend said last night 'I can't eat this, it's vegan, and I'm a carnivore'. :lol:

But I suppose in general people that are vegan are vegan because they are aware of the cruelty involved in the farming (if you can call it that) industry, it's not a personal attack against the taste of certain foods, and it sure makes it a lot easier to stick to a vegan diet when you have substitutes i.e. Parmesan cheese, Tofu which has a meaty texture, TVP which you can use as mince etc. :)

I didn't take pics of the duck or pie. I'll make a thread for my kitchen pics someday.

i love to go pick strawberries. i love the way they look and the way they taste sun-baked. :drool:

strawberries are pretty much done for the year here, it's blueberries and raspberries now. i'm gonna make a nice raspberry sorbet this week.