Dinner dilema, suggestions for my fridge ingredients please

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,185
So as usual I am making dinner tonight, and as it's nearing the end of the week I only have limited good food. I'll write down a list of what's in my fridge (and cupboards), and would love for some ideas of what to do because I'm at a complete loss.

Lots of big peppers
Parmasan, Feta and Cheddar
Bread
Cucumber
Cherry Tomatoes
French beans
Red/White onions
Any type of pulse/bean you can name
Sweetcorn

I thought of doing stuffed peppers, but after my thread yesterday I don't want be cooking rice for dinner.

go buy steaks

No way mang. We've nowhere near a supermarket, and the ones that would take ages to walk to don't sell nice free range stuff. We only really meat very occasionally and it has to be organic, free range. We went on holiday recently to Ireland and my fella's cousin had just killed one of his own pigs and served it up, now that's real meat. :drool: Nicest thing I ever tasted in my life.

I'm on a lentil soup kick right now... just sweat some onions and random veggies, throw in a bag of lentils in a big pot of water, salt& pepper, and let it do it's thing

:drool:

I suppose that could be quite nice with the sweetcorn etc., but we dont have any type of lettuce to bulk it out. Can tuna be baked inside peppers? Hmm.

cream of mushroom soup, tuna, macaroni & cheese

put it all together and bake.

I think I might just do that. Anything that is quick and easy sounds good to me right now.

You make the mac n cheese like normal, then you dump in as much tuna as you like and a single can of cream of mushroom soup (condensed), then add some pepper, stir it all together (do not add the water/milk as recommended on the soup can, just use the big glob) and bake in the oven until it gets crunchy on top.

It looks gross, smells gross but OMG it tastes so good. I make a double batch (2 boxes of mac n cheese, 2 cans of soup, 4 cans of tuna) and between my brother and ryan there are never any leftovers! :egads:

You can also add random veggies, I throw in frozen peas a lot of times.