Tampa Digsby (chat client)

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I noticed that Fly was using Digsby and decided to give it a try and am very pleased with the choice to do so.

It integrates email, chat (AIM/MSN/ICQ/whatev) and Facebook all into one streamlined interface that's fast and convenient. I've got it running on both my home and work PCs now and don't think I'll ever go back to Pidgin.

One thing that did bug me is that it tries to install the Ask toolbar, the google toolbar, usage of idle proc time, so on and so forth that you have uncheck during the install process. Not a big deal to disable it of course, but it bugs me whenever people package that shit into their installs.

Aside from that it's pretty darn slick.

I've wondered about it because I see fly on it. I just use pidgin on my desktop to talk to my work jabber system and everything else goes to my phone now with BeejiveIM for blackberry. I could add my work jabber to it too but I don't like being too available. My work desk phone just forwards straight to my work cell and that is plenty.

Ahhh a late comer!

I enjoy it too! On the laptop I prefer Meebo since it runs in browser and is less clutter.

I especially love how digsby lets me know on facebook of all my friends' using it, how many messages they've sent every day, and other useless information.

Thankfully that can be blocked. I think I'll stick with pidgin for now. I don't need that much annoying integration.

huh, for some reason trillian never told me there was a new version available. i've been using 3.1 for ages. i'll try version 4 before looking at digsby again. i really don't want email and facebook integrated into it.

nope, gotta reenter all my passwords. what kind of horseshit is this? i might be done with instant messaging on the computer.

nope, gotta reenter all my passwords. what kind of horseshit is this? i might be done with instant messaging on the computer.

:lol:
Digsby remembers all your passwords since you create an online account with them you can use anywhere.

:lol:
Digsby remembers all your passwords since you create an online account with them you can use anywhere.

oh fuck, that's what the new trillian does too then. i was wondering what an astra account was supposed to be. what i really wanted was for it to pull my passwords from the version 3 install i had.

I've never heard of a single thing mentioned in this thread, and I consider myself a pretty happenin' dude.