Digital Camera recommendations

S

smileynev

My wife and I already have an A70 which works great for us. But our friends want to get a digicam before the birth of their child in March. I think they are looking for something along the lines of the A70 and don't need anything more then that. What is the equivolant current Canon model to that, and can you recommend anything else like it? They don't need much and I would like to keep it under $200.

smileyfat said:
My wife and I already have an A70 which works great for us. But our friends want to get a digicam before the birth of their child in March. I think they are looking for something along the lines of the A70 and don't need anything more then that. What is the equivolant current Canon model to that, and can you recommend anything else like it? They don't need much and I would like to keep it under $200.
You really are a cheap ass, you know that?

if you get a camera under $200 you'll regret it. you may as well set fire to a pile of bills and forget it because it will break in 5 to 6 months.

I bought a Canon Elf this weekend and so far I love it. I'll be whoring this place up with pics in no time!

Fuji cameras are in that range, and they are utter shit. Spend the $250 and get an elf or something similar

jaxxor said:
if you get a camera under $200 you'll regret it. you may as well set fire to a pile of bills and forget it because it will break in 5 to 6 months.

I bought a Canon Elf this weekend and so far I love it. I'll be whoring this place up with pics in no time!

Fuji cameras are in that range, and they are utter shit. Spend the $250 and get an elf or something similar

But at that range, it just means he wants point and click. The pictures won't come out as best as possible, but they'll be decent enough. They won't care about all the settings.

theacoustician said:
You really are a cheap ass, you know that?

When spending other people's money, yes.

They want to take pictures of their baby, they don't need much.

Coqui said:
But at that range, it just means he wants point and click. The pictures won't come out as best as possible, but they'll be decent enough. They won't care about all the settings.

I'm saying it'll break though, and their money will have been wasted.

smileyfat said:
When spending other people's money, yes.

They want to take pictures of their baby, they don't need much.
The one thing you'll need is something that can be on quickly and process the picture quickly so it's ready to take another. You're not going to find that in a sub $200 camera.

theacoustician said:
The one thing you'll need is something that can be on quickly and process the picture quickly so it's ready to take another. You're not going to find that in a sub $200 camera.

So, recommend me something that takes pictures quickly in succession with little to no warm up time.

Coqui said:
Only if you drop it.

I'm going to take a trip to the Jack In The Box and show you guys where I pooped since I have a cam now

jaxxor said:

Elph