Food Dieting tips

jesus christ

Part of the reason that so many people are obese is because they gorge on two or three large meals a day instead of eating smaller meals every few hours.

Who gives a shit about average "mentality"? This is about fucking biology, not mentality.

Right, but you can still gorge....just on the right foods. This is what I mean by eating smart. It wasn't about eating less, per se.

No water - You'll retain it. Best to get your water from your food sources.
Don't lift weights - You'll put weight on
Eat only foods from the produce section. - Anything else is detrimental to your health
eat 3 meals - and stop eating by 2:00pm
Diet Coke is your friend. Not only does it get rid of more water, but it contains 0 calories and the caffeine boosts your metabolism
Do cardio only moderation - Don't run more than 1/2 a mile otherwise you'll start building up your leg muscles.
Never eat more than the size of your fist.

THAT is crazy. If you followed these rules, yes, you may get results, but what happens if you stop? You will gain weight indefinitely, because you're starving your body from 2PM until you go to bed...

:lol:

So I give you guys good rules and you people say it won't work. I give you guys the worst rules possible and you think it might work to an extent.

I :heart: you guys when it comes to fitness.

No water - You'll retain it. Best to get your water from your food sources.
Don't lift weights - You'll put weight on
Eat only foods from the produce section. - Anything else is detrimental to your health
eat 3 meals - and stop eating by 2:00pm
Diet Coke is your friend. Not only does it get rid of more water, but it contains 0 calories and the caffeine boosts your metabolism
Do cardio only moderation - Don't run more than 1/2 a mile otherwise you'll start building up your leg muscles.
Never eat more than the size of your fist.

http://www.shapeupshop.com/weightloss/water-weight-loss.html

There are many forms of metabolism going on in your body right now, but the one everyone is talking about it the metabolism of fat. This is actually something that the liver does when it converts stored fat to energy. The liver has other functions, but this is one of its main jobs.

Unfortunately, another of the liver’s duties is to pick up the slack for the kidneys, which need plenty of water to work properly. If the kidneys are water-deprived, the liver has to do their work along with its own, lowering its total productivity. It then can’t metabolize fat as quickly or efficiently as it could when the kidneys were pulling their own weight. If you allow this to happen, not only are you being unfair to your liver, but you’re also setting yourself up to store fat.

Do take heed , though. What is really happening is that your body is flushing itself of the water it has been storing throughout all those years of “survival mode”. It takes a while, but this is a beautiful thing happening to you. As you continue to give your body all the water it could ask for, it gets rid of what it doesn’t need. It gets rid of the water it was holding onto in your ankles and your hips and thighs, maybe even around your belly. You are excreting much more than you realize. Your body figures it doesn’t need to save these stores anymore; it’s trusting that the water will keep coming, and if it does, eventually, the flushing (of both the body and the potty) will cease, allowing the human to return to a normal life.

When you drink all the water you need, you will very quickly notice a decrease in your appetite, possibly even on the first day! If you're serious about becoming leaner and healthier, drinking water is an absolute must.

You're the one making shit up to argue against. She brought up the "Average mentality", I pointed out that it has nothing to do with what I was talking about, you throw it up like it means shit.

Where do you think willpower comes from? Your mentality, of course! Why do you think people are obese? Mainly, because they are weak slobs who can't change their bad eating habits because of emotional issues most of the time.

How does ANYone make huge changes in their lives? Mentality & willpower.

Last edited:

So I give you guys good rules and you people say it won't work. I give you guys the worst rules possible and you think it might work to an extent.

Oh, you were kidding with those directions? Shit. With the exception of the water and diet coke and no eating after 2pm part, I was following it.

I wasn't discrediting your tips, really. The water thing is very debatable, I believe what Db replied with quotes up there ^^.

Also, water helps your energy levels and to cool down when you're working out.
I also, truly disagree on the not eating past 2PM, unless you're well, doing what YOU do.
It depends on the results you are looking for. You follow these rules because you lift, to bulk. Most people are not looking to do this, but rather just to slim down, (first and foremost), and to change body fat to lean muscle.

Bulking is totally different than what Db is looking to do.

I wasn't discrediting your tips, really. The water thing is very debatable, I believe what Db replied with quotes up there ^^.

Also, water helps your energy levels and to cool down when you're working out.
I also, truly disagree on the not eating past 2PM, unless you're well, doing what YOU do.
It depends on the results you are looking for. You follow these rules because you lift, to bulk. Most people are not looking to do this, but rather just to slim down, (first and foremost), and to change body fat to lean muscle.

Bulking is totally different than what Db is looking to do.

If I followed those rules I'd be fat and weak. And I'm discrediting my own tips.

Last edited:
Yet you're still complaining about needing to lose more weight. Interesting.

Well, I can't do the diet coke trick, and from what I have read and with proof from that link MORE water is better. It's the no food after 2pm I don't think I can get my stomach to cooperate with.

And I am still losing weight (hopefully) so I haven't hit rock bottom yet.