Food Dieting tips

Most people have very similar metabolisms and eating every two to three hours is ideal for the majority of the population. Eating only when you are hungry is bad for everyone regardless of metabolism because the feeling of hungry comes after your metabolism has slowed down. It's the sign that the next thing you eat will be stored instead of burned.

It truly does depend on what you're eating and how well you know yourself.

If you're working out, hard, every day or more than 4 times a week, this method is definitely one to go by, because your muscles need those complex carbs & protein to BUILD muscle.

But, if you're not working out on a regular basis, you do not need this many calories, just eat the right foods to keep you full and don't drink soda and highly caloric juices. AND stay away from HFCS!

Last edited:
Also, people should by real food more often. Not pre-made, reheat it, full of crap you cant pronounce garbage food.

You just need to make sound decisions about wtf you are eating.
Protein and complex carbs. What's so hard about this?

If you're eating foods that help you stay full longer, you don't have to worry about binging, because you stuffed your mug full of McD's and you're now starving 2 hours later.

If you do have cravings, go for it. But, common sense says don't do this every day, or it becomes a habit, and if you DO give in to a craving, make sure you offset it the rest of the day, by eating very sensibly if you're truly watching your weight. You shouldn't have any problems with weight gain, if you really think about what you're feeding yourself every time you prepare your food, or order out.

Simply put, complex carbs & protein make you feel fuller, longer and really put off a lof of sugar cravings, too.

Moderation, activity, not rocket science...

And that's what I think/hope I am doing. Now I just need to solidify my diet choices and move on to activities. Maybe I should restart my roller blading.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you fucking serious?

This is fucking funny...
No, fuckmuppet, the second sentence was a joke. But the first part is true. Most people have very similar metabolisms. Pointing out that some people have extremes doesn't change the fact that the rule of eating six small meals a day versus three larger ones is going to work better for almost everyone.

Didn't you just give me rules to follow, though? lol

They're not the same. eating every few hours is a specific rule for specific people. It will not work for everyone.

The rules I gave will work for everyone.

Try this. Eat your dinner blindfolded and tell me if you have the usual experience when eating.. The nervous system can send different signals to the brain about what you are eating. One being imaginary hunger induced from what you see in front of you.

Slightly different metabolisms, not very different. Some people are on the extremes but the vast majority of the population fits into the average. That's why it's called the fucking average.

It has nothing to do with cost cutting or being American, what the fuck is going through your head? This is goddamn nutritional science.

Hun...what's the average of this population?

Fucking obese slobs, that's what.

Don't follow the AVERAGE mentality...do what works for YOU.

One suggestion I heard to do this is to eat with chipsticks. Unfortunately I eat FASTER with chipsticks as I am fairly good and them and eat smaller but quicker bites.

If you eat with a knife and fork, once you put food in your mouth, put the knife and fork down. Then finish what's in your mouth before you pick the knife and fork back up.

Normally people have the next bite ready to go on the fork while still chewing the previous bite.

OH RIGHT BECAUSE WHEN YOU GIVE RULES FOR EVERYONE ITS SO MUCH BETTER

These one rule for everyone techniques never work for everyone.

Also, people should by real food more often. Not pre-made, reheat it, full of crap you cant pronounce garbage food.

All of our dinners at home are as natural as you can reasonably get. Chim made pan seared pork tenderloin with fresh seasoned potato chunks and a bean and veggie chili side made from frozen veggies (no preservatives) or canned veggies with light preservation. Tonight I think I will make some stir fry with raw veggies and chicken breast self-seasoned over brown rice chim made last night.

No, fuckmuppet, the second sentence was a joke. But the first part is true. Most people have very similar metabolisms. Pointing out that some people have extremes doesn't change the fact that the rule of eating six small meals a day versus three larger ones is going to work better for almost everyone.

This cannot be true...Because it takes not much AT all for me to lose weight if I really wanted. And if I was a runner or something, I'd be disgusting looking.

With activity like the latter, I cannot keep weight on. Yet, other people run their fucking asses off, eat well and have a hard time losing or keeping weight off.

Tell me how that works?

My sister 5'9", 118-120 lbs eats fast food on a regular basis, does not work out, has no cellulite and is a lean machine....It does not compute, (what you said).

Last edited:
Hun...what's the average of this population?

Fucking obese slobs, that's what.

Don't follow the AVERAGE mentality...do what works for YOU.
jesus christ

Part of the reason that so many people are obese is because they gorge on two or three large meals a day instead of eating smaller meals every few hours.

Who gives a shit about average "mentality"? This is about fucking biology, not mentality.

They're not the same. eating every few hours is a specific rule for specific people. It will not work for everyone.

Try this. Eat your dinner blindfolded and tell me if you have the usual experience when eating.. The nervous system can send different signals to the brain about what you are eating. One being imaginary hunger induced from what you see in front of you.

ohh, that's a really good/interesting test! I should try that!

You still don't get it.

exactly, it takes a while for your stomach to send the "enough" signal to your brain

That's what my drill team coach would say, stop before you're full because it takes roughly five minutes for your brain to recognize it has had enough food.

If you eat with a knife and fork, once you put food in your mouth, put the knife and fork down. Then finish what's in your mouth before you pick the knife and fork back up.

Normally people have the next bite ready to go on the fork while still chewing the previous bite.

But I eat british-style, meaning you do not take the fork and knife out of your hands unless you are using your napkin or leaving the table.

This cannot be true...Because it takes not much AT all for me to lose weight if I really wanted. And if I was a runner or something, I'd be disgusting looking.

With activity like, I cannot keep weight on. Yet, other people run their fucking asses off, eat well and have a hard time losing or keeping weight off.

Tell me how that works?

My sister 5'9", 118-120 lbs eats fast food on a regular basis, does not work out, has no cellulite and is a lean machine....It does not compute, (what you said).

:drool: Goal.

With activity like, I cannot keep weight on. Yet, other people run their fucking asses off, eat well and have a hard time losing or keeping weight off.

Tell me how that works?

Yes, it does compute because I just said "Pointing out that some people have extremes". Newsflash: you and your sister are in those extremes. Not many people are ectomorphs like you, the majority of the population falls into the mesomorph or endomorph categories.