Dieting thread

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
I have set myself a challenge, I am going on holiday in 3 weeks time and want to have a nice bikini body so I want to lose between 5-10lbs and tone up my tummy and arms. I have been looking online for a stupid fad diet that will help me lose weight quickly and I like the look of the muesli diet (Cabbage soup would be gross).

I'm sure Kiki will have some tips as to what fad diets are best (just a feeling). Have any of them worked for you?

Egg whites and ground beef. Only. Cheese too maybe.

Lay off sugar and carbohydrates.

It's not permanent solution though. Running, is healthier for example.

Protein... Beans, I guess. Soy maybe. Ruffage... Drink 8 full glasses of cold water per day, no soda, juice etc.

Um... What did you think an extreme sorta diet was?

I'm not a fan of diets in general. Eat whatever within reason (no deep fried shit), and exercise regularly. If you stop progressing, exercise more. Muscle exhaustion/2*45 mins cardio alternating days.

What FG is saying is do a no carb diet for those three weeks. The weight drops off FAST, but it doesn't stay off without exercise.

...plus don't do no carb forever, it's bad for your body in the long run. I believe the Atkin's inventor died from a heart attack?

Cutting sodas and drinking only unsweet tea and water does wonders tho. It's a such a simple change.

No breads too.

limit yourself to 15g of fat a day, drink a crapton of water (no booze, no sugary drinks, etc) and cut out the "white" sugar and all of the processed foods that you can manage.
you also can't really effectively "spot tone" either since the weight will come off where it damn well pleases, but strengthening your core and doing a good deal of cardio will help.

We realized that I have gained 15% of my weight since moving to Florida. Zac says that's a lot and baby jesus is crying.

You want to lose 5-10 pounds in 3 weeks time.

The average weight loss without losing muscle mass for a female is 2 pounds a week.

So......to be within you range....just eat 500 calories less a day than your maintenance caloric intake.