die Bonds, die!!!

I agree with both of you 1000%. Even if i lived closer to Boston I would still prefer to go to a Pawtucket Red Sox's game over the parent team.

I hated Bonds the prick ever since he played for Leyland in Pittsburgh.

Living in Tampa I'm better off just going to see a couple of 2nd graders play ball during recess. It would be more exciting than a Rays game. They suck so bad they are doing everything to get people to come to the games. You can get into the game for $8, free parking for all, and you can bring in your own food and drinks. God forbid if they actually attempt to spend money on some heart and talent.

Stupid thing is it actually doesnt even take much to hit home runs in baseball, statiscally everyone will hit one eventually. In a year youd have to work hard not to at least hit one by accident. I cant remember the numbers but 2 or 3 at bats per game * 200 some odd games / chance of hitting a home run :(

With so few left he pretty much is just going to as long as he gets so many at bats. He's not even particularly good if you compare how many home runs he has to how many base hits/stolen bases he has.

I want dirty baseball, with bunts, and stealing, and spiking the second baseman like I played in HS.

Living in Tampa I'm better off just going to see a couple of 2nd graders play ball during recess. It would be more exciting than a Rays game. They suck so bad they are doing everything to get people to come to the games. You can get into the game for $8, free parking for all, and you can bring in your own food and drinks. God forbid if they actually attempt to spend money on some heart and talent.

Not spending money is one thing Red Sox fan's don't have have to worry about especially with the current ownership.

Not spending money is one thing Red Sox fan's don't have have to worry about especially with the current ownership.

Hells bells!! As far as attending a game, there's nothing like hanging out in the bleachers at Fenway. The Rays ownership just isn't trying hard enough. I like how easy it is to get tickets though. When the Sox are in town, it's like a home game for them.

Bonds is a prima donna douche bag. He whines, demands his own perks in the locker room / dugout, and is just a horrible teammate. It's a shame because he was undoubtedly a first ballot hall of famer without increasing his hat size to a 13.5, yet Jim Rice is still on the outside looking in.

A lot of the old timers like Ruth, Cobb, Mantle were a bunch of degenerate scum bags, but it's not like they tried to hide it. They also spent the off season getting shitfaced, banging hookers, and waking up in parking lots. If you can't do that, what's the point of being famous? Today, the off-season is made up of training, lifting, injecting "vitamin B12", and working with a nutritionist. Guys like Mantle would have kicked the shit out of the manager for even suggesting an off-season program like that.

I wish Sideshow Bob were on the forum. Since he's a fictional character, I'll point out for him that the thread title isn't a threat, it's German for The Bonds, The.

TV Baseball moves way too slow.

What I want to see is a pitcher that is always ready when he wants to be. The minute that batter immediately sets both feet in the batter's box, that pitcher should be taking his backswing. The game would move so miuch faster if batters didn't do that fucking warmup routine.

What I want to see is a pitcher that is always ready when he wants to be. The minute that batter immediately sets both feet in the batter's box, that pitcher should be taking his backswing. The game would move so miuch faster if batters didn't do that fucking warmup routine.

baseball isnt ment to be fast. Its a layabout social game where the guys can get together, drink beer, eat peanuts and generally have a relaxing afternoon.

Exactly. Just a day at the park with the family, watching the game, throw down some dogs and peanuts. All around good times. The average baseball game is shorter than a football game, which includes just as many stops in the action. Granted football is more exciting and has great potential to have someone get lit up like a Christmas tree, but there are still plenty of stops in the action. I don't care one way or another because if there's a baseball or football game on, I'm down with watching it.

I agree on the warmup routines, although some of them should be allowed to stay.... like Nomar's. He looks like he's ready to have an epileptic fit between every pitch, and I find it comical. I wonder if he does that in other aspects of his life.... Dinner would take a long fuckin time if he had to roll with that OCD routine between bites. And Mia would probably be pissed if that was a part of the foreplay routine.

Hells bells!! As far as attending a game, there's nothing like hanging out in the bleachers at Fenway. The Rays ownership just isn't trying hard enough. I like how easy it is to get tickets though. When the Sox are in town, it's like a home game for them.

Bonds is a prima donna douche bag. He whines, demands his own perks in the locker room / dugout, and is just a horrible teammate. It's a shame because he was undoubtedly a first ballot hall of famer without increasing his hat size to a 13.5, yet Jim Rice is still on the outside looking in.

A lot of the old timers like Ruth, Cobb, Mantle were a bunch of degenerate scum bags, but it's not like they tried to hide it. They also spent the off season getting shitfaced, banging hookers, and waking up in parking lots. If you can't do that, what's the point of being famous? Today, the off-season is made up of training, lifting, injecting "vitamin B12", and working with a nutritionist. Guys like Mantle would have kicked the shit out of the manager for even suggesting an off-season program like that.

I wish Sideshow Bob were on the forum. Since he's a fictional character, I'll point out for him that the thread title isn't a threat, it's German for The Bonds, The.

Agreed 1000% It saddens me that Bonds will get in on the first or second (more likely) ballot. Yet true baseball gentlemen like Don Mattingly and Jim Rice most likely will not get in even though I think their numbers are good enough. As a life long Red Sox fan I hate the Yankees with a passion but there are some players-managers that I do greatly respect. These would include Joe Torre and Derek Jeter.

Last edited:
Agreed 1000% It saddens me that Bonds will get in on the first or second (more likely) ballot. Yet true baseball gentlemen like Don Mattingly and Jim Rice most likely will not get in even though I think their numbers are good enough. As a life long Red Sox fan I hate the Yankees with a passion but there are some players-managers that I do greatly respect. These would include Joe Torre and Derek Jeter.

I'm with you on that. I'm also a lifelong Red Sox fan, and find it embarrassing that someone like Rice or Mattingly won't get in. Growing up in MA, the Sox weren't just your team, they were actually a part of your daily life as there is no off-season for Sox fans. Hell, one of my favorite parts of being stationed in Hawaii for 3 years was that I got to hit golf balls at the Pearl Harbor driving range with Fred Lynn.

I'm not sure hitting balls at a range with Bonds or some of those other douche bags would ever happen, and if it did, guys like him are sorry representatives of the pasttime and it probably wouldn't matter to the guy at the next tee box. Well, other than saying to his peeps that he saw Bonds and his giant head at the range.

I'm with you on that. I'm also a lifelong Red Sox fan, and find it embarrassing that someone like Rice or Mattingly won't get in. Growing up in MA, the Sox weren't just your team, they were actually a part of your daily life as there is no off-season for Sox fans. Hell, one of my favorite parts of being stationed in Hawaii for 3 years was that I got to hit golf balls at the Pearl Harbor driving range with Fred Lynn.

QFT That must have been sweet meeting Freddy. Even though the 2004 team won it all, my favorite team is the 75 Soxs. Besides Rice, I would love to see Lynn, Dwight Evans and Luis Tiant in the NBHoF and Evans, Tiant at least in RSHoF.