Did you exist a universe ago?

BigDov said:
Surely you have an opinion on the subject beyond just saying it's stupid though? :confused:

i think that wheel chair guy is neato. i went to one of his lectures once. he lost me after he started doing something crazy with some diff eqs. my bf had to whisper in my ear the whole time so i could understand wtf he was talking about after that.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Naw, I owe a guy there about 50,000 galactic credits and I'm avoiding the area

I can see how that would be a problem. They'll sic the Nordics on your ass so fast, it'll make your head spin in three consecutive universes.

ieholly said:
i think that wheel chair guy is neato. i went to one of his lectures once. he lost me after he started doing something crazy with some diff eqs. my bf had to whisper in my ear the whole time so i could understand wtf he was talking about after that.

This guy?: http://www.mchawking.com/

:lol:

I know what you mean though- people that understand and can lecture on this stuff are either truly brilliant or truly insane. I can grasp some of it, but when they start in with the complicated equations that involve every letter of the alphabet to nth degree, I'm done for.

I never cared for Calc, so I didn't pursue any sort of engineering or other math intense courses in college. Now I kinda regret that.

BigDov said:
This guy?: http://www.mchawking.com/

:lol:

I know what you mean though- people that understand and can lecture on this stuff are either truly brilliant or truly insane. I can grasp some of it, but when they start in with the complicated equations that involve every letter of the alphabet to nth degree, I'm done for.

his name escaped me a moment ago. :)

Pancake Wagon said:
I never cared for Calc, so I didn't pursue any sort of engineering or other math intense courses in college. Now I kinda regret that.

I'm the kind of person that needs to make some sense of what I'm doing, and the majority of higher math just doesn't make sense to me sometimes. :(

BigDov said:
I'm the kind of person that needs to make some sense of what I'm doing, and the majority of higher math just doesn't make sense to me sometimes. :(
Exactly. I could fake doing the stuff, but for me to actually care about the work I need to know its purpose. Higher math never seemed to have a purpose other then to solve an equation to answer a question that was never posed.

Pancake Wagon said:
Exactly. I could fake doing the stuff, but for me to actually care about the work I need to know its purpose. Higher math never seemed to have a purpose other then to solve an equation to answer a question that was never posed.

ha. thats so deep. on a side note. i know lots of math but that doesn't mean i can apply any of it to understand complicated physics.

ieholly said:
ha. thats so deep. on a side note. i know lots of math but that doesn't mean i can apply any of it to understand complicated physics.
I am deep like the grand canyon

Pancake Wagon said:

Very well said. Especially this part: "Higher math never seemed to have a purpose other then to solve an equation to answer a question that was never posed." I suffered through years of math feeling that way. Oh well :D

This is like the question, if you were riding with me in a car travelling at the speed of light, and I turned on the headlights, would you be scared to roll down the window if I farted?

Forrest Dump said:
This is like the question, if you were riding with me in a car travelling at the speed of light, and I turned on the headlights, would you be scared to roll down the window if I farted?
LMAO

i'm a little lost I guess, are you [nev] suggesting that the universe has already once reached singularity (crunched)? I can't really agree with that since modern studies suggest that a universe collapse leaves remains smaller than a proton.

and all this talk about being alive in another universe - are you guys talking about perhaps a life similar to yours in another GALAXY? that's another topic - or perhaps another DIMENSION? that's another topic as well

none of which I care to discuss, nerds