Did you exist a universe ago?

Pancake Wagon said:
Not reincarnated per say. Just you, in a previous universe, in the same job, same life, etc. But in a previous time if, in fact, time is linear from universe to universe.
I was going to explain that, but my patience is fairly nonexistant. :fly:

April23 said:
I was going to explain that, but my patience is fairly nonexistant. :fly:

A guy in school loaned me a book about some of this stuff once; it was damn hard to understand, but it was really interesting. The theory they went on about in it, was explained by saying that if two objects collided in space, the fragments would eventually "come back around" and collide again and again and again......... :( it's been so long ago I read that, I know I'm forgetting the details though.

BigDov said:
A guy in school loaned me a book about some of this stuff once; it was damn hard to understand, but it was really interesting. The theory they went on about in it, was explained by saying that if two objects collided in space, the fragments would eventually "come back around" and collide again and again and again......... :( it's been so long ago I read that, I know I'm forgetting the details though.
Oh definitely interesting concept. Now I wanna find some more books to read.

BigDov said:
Books are for worms. Experience it yourself in your day to day life. Thats where the real learning occurs.

Pancake Wagon said:
Books are for worms. Experience it yourself in your day to day life. Thats where the real learning occurs.

Then I'm a worm?? :confused: I don't know how I could possibly experience something like this in day to day life man......... seriously.

Pancake Wagon said:
Like me up against a sumo? Ehhh us colliding might not be a fair fight.

Pancake Wagon said:
Well, did you? If the universe is constantly expanding until it peters out into nothing, probably not. But, if its true that the universe eventually collapses back in upon itself and reemerges again, then is it possible that we have all existed in a previous reality?

The speed with which the universe is expanding is accerating. Thanks to either dark matter or something about a vacuum being gravitationally repulsive (kinda like you in a speedo).

fly said:
The speed with which the universe is expanding is accerating. Thanks to either dark matter or something about a vacuum being gravitationally repulsive (kinda like you in a speedo).
So says the theories today. Who knows what will be said 5 years from now. 10 years from now. Etc. We may still be in the midst of the remnants of the big bang.

fly said:

I remember reading about that too........ the thought that we could concievably NEVER reach a literal end to the universe makes my noggin hurt.

this is a stupid thread, thinking about physics beyond mechanics and electricity/magnetism makes me tired. i haven’t studied enough math or physics to make a real comment on any quantum theory.

ieholly said:
this is a stupid thread, thinking about physics beyond mechanics and electricity/magnetism makes me tired. i haven’t studied enough math or physics to make a real comment on any quantum theory.

Surely you have an opinion on the subject beyond just saying it's stupid though? :confused:

ieholly said:
So?

BigDov said:
I remember reading about that too........ the thought that we could concievably NEVER reach a literal end to the universe makes my noggin hurt.
Its kinda creepy to think that sometime in the far, far distant future the universe could be infinitely bigger then it is now, with molecules stretched and strewn about because everything was slowly pulled apart. No more planets, no more stars, no more galaxies. Just atoms and particles scattered for infinite light years.