did anyone watch lost?

18th book of the bible, 1st chapter 31st verse

18th book of the old testament is the book of job... but that only has 22 verses in teh 1st chapter.

I DON"T KNOW

Drool-Boy said:
31st word maybe? Or sentence?
Dunno, Im just guessin
then I came to John, chapter 18, it talks about the whole Judas betrayal blah blah blah

Thorn Bird said:
ding ding ding. it's chapter 18, verses 1-31.
THE DANITES SEEK A NEW INHERITANCE (18:1-10)

They Send Spies to the North (v.1-2)

To seek a new inheritance (v.1)
Five men of valor (v.2)
To the house of Micah (v.2)

The Spies are Blessed by Micah’s Priest (v.3-6)

They recognize the voice of the Levite (v.3)
The Levite explains his position (v.3-4)
The Danites ask counsel of the Levite (v.5)
The Levite sends them in peace (v.6)

The Spies Discover the City of Laish (v.7-10)

They find the quiet people of Laish (v.7)
They bring good report to their brethren (v.8-10)

THE DANITES STEAL MICAH’S GODS (18:11-26)

They Come to Mount Ephraim (v.11-13)

With 600 men of war (v.11)
They pitch in Kirjathjearim (v.12)
They come to the house of Micah (v.13)

They Take the Gods of Micah (v.14-18)

The allure of Micah’s gods (v.14)
They approach the house of the Levite (v.15-16)
They steal the gods of Micah (v.17-18)

They Take the Levite to be their Priest (v.19-21)

They offer the Levite a better deal (v.19)
The Levite goes with them (v.20)
They put their children and cattle in safety (v.21)

They Repel Micah with Threats (v.22-26)

Micah pursues after the Danites (v.22)
Micah accuses them of stealing his gods (v.23-24)
The Danites threaten Micah and his family (v.25)
Micah fails to recover his gods (v.26)

THE DANITES TAKE LAISH IN THE NORTH (18:27-31)

They Defeated the City of Laish (v.27)

They found Laish quiet and secure
They smote the city with the sword
They burned the city with fire

They Built the City of Dan (v.28-29)

They found it a place of safety (v.28)
They built a city for themselves (v.28)
They gave it the name of Dan (v.29)

They Set up the Graven Image (v.30-31)

They set up the image of Micah (v.30)
They established the priesthood of Jonathan (v.30)
They rivaled the true tabernacle in Shiloh (v.31; 1Samuel 1:9)

Okay so what does it mean?

zengirl said:
you totally owned my ass

you rock sir
and for the record, Micah is another form of the name Michael. slightly different...Michael means "he who is like God" and Micah means "he who is like YHWH"

read into that what you will

well, i don't know...i've not looked into anything regarding this. what *i* did was kind of replace the biblical terms with lost issues/characters. this is what i wanted to discuss. anyone have any ideas on this that haven't been yanked from some lost spoilers website or discussion board?

i don't want to be told anything concrete. i avoid any spoilers about this show. i just want to talk about it.

FlyNavy said:
and for the record, Micah is another form of the name Michael. slightly different...Michael means "he who is like God" and Micah means "he who is like YHWH"

YHWH is the hebrew name for God.

FlyNavy said:

How is that different?

FlyNavy said:
Erm would you be talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh .

Either way judges 18 is just a historical account of the Danites

The interesting story of this expedition is told, with many traits characteristic of that period of Hebrew civilization, in the eighteenth chapter of Judges. Having previously sent spies to reconnoitre the ground, the Danites sent a detachment of six hundred men who plundered and burnt the city of Lais, and butchered its inhabitants, after which they "rebuilt the city and dwelt therein".

And then:

(1) JONATHAN, the son of Gersam the son of Moses, mentioned by name in Judges, xviii, 30, and as a young Levite in xvii, 7 sqq. Having left Bethlehem, his native town, he came to Mt. Ephraim, where he was induced by a certain Michas to remain as priest of an idol. This idol was afterwards seized by the Danites and carried to Lais, whither Jonathan accompanied them, and he and his descendants acted as priests of the idol until the days of the Captivity.

The Book of Judges (17-18) contains the history of a certain Michas (Hebrews 17:1 and 4: Mikhayehu; elsewhere Mikhah), a resident of the hill country of Ephraim who founded an idolatrous sanctuary. As he restored to his mother the 1100 pieces of silver which he had stolen from her, she devoted 200 wherewith to make an idol which was set up in the house of Michas. In addition, Michas made an ephod and teraphim. He first appointed as priest his son, but afterwards engaged a Levite of Bethlehem, Jonathan, a descendant of Moses by Gersan. The Danites, passing by whilst on a migration, took with them the Levite Jonathan and the objects of the idolatrous worship belonging to Michas, in spite of the latter's protests, and set them up in the sanctuary which they established in the town of Dan, so called after their name.

Go go Catholic encyclopedia.

FlamingGlory said:
Erm would you be talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh .

Either way judges 18 is just a historical account of the Danites

And then:

Go go Catholic encyclopedia.
read the third link. there is a difference between the names Michael and Micah in that they originally refer to two different dieties but over time they've come to refer to the same one. :)