Dice version of Risk

I played Risk once on the PS2. What a crappy game.

the orginal board version didn't take into account that if anyone took over austraila that they would always win. there was only one way to attack there and the most damage you could do was 3 but the island generated 5 armies. so eventually you simply pushed out from aussie land and took over.

the orginal board version didn't take into account that if anyone took over austraila that they would always win. there was only one way to attack there and the most damage you could do was 3 but the island generated 5 armies. so eventually you simply pushed out from aussie land and took over.

interesting!

australia only generates 2 armies.

i'm unstoppable if i can take south america.

do the rest generate the same as the revised version? e.g. 5 for NA, 3 for SA, 7 for Asia?

I haven't seen the newer version. just have the old version. but since you could only attack on one front the enevitable push from the land of Crocs was pretty much the most concrete way to stomp through the game.

check the newer versions they might have another way to get to austraila.

after checking the wiki, mine is the 1980's verison of risk.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the newer version. just have the old version. but since you could only attack on one front the enevitable push from the land of Crocs was pretty much the most concrete way to stomp through the game.

check the newer versions they might have another way to get to austraila.

after checking the wiki, mine is the 1980's verison of risk.
wow, you haven't updated in a loooong time.

Even as I read this there is a game of Risk (the original board game) in progress on my dining room table. No, I am not playing it.

It's kind of interesting but I find it reaches equilibrium too easily. You storm a bunch of territory, but then don't have the dice to defend it, so it gets taken back. You take a little, generally something has to give ... everyone ends up with 2 full stacks of dice, etc

It's kind of interesting but I find it reaches equilibrium too easily. You storm a bunch of territory, but then don't have the dice to defend it, so it gets taken back. You take a little, generally something has to give ... everyone ends up with 2 full stacks of dice, etc

Word.