Diamonds

Seriously Bubbles, if you're going to get a shitty ring, get a cubic zirconia. Diamonds are beautiful and valuable, so get an amazing one if you're going to get one at all. Of course that means it will be expensive, which is why most girls acquire them after they have a guy to buy them. Catch 22.

Anyway, the point is, diamond rings shouldn't be cheap or cheesy.

Lord Flaccid said:
Seriously Bubbles, if you're going to get a shitty ring, get a cubic zirconia. Diamonds are beautiful and valuable, so get an amazing one if you're going to get one at all. Of course that means it will be expensive, which is why most girls acquire them after they have a guy to buy them. Catch 22.

Anyway, the point is, diamond rings shouldn't be cheap or cheesy.

I know, I know and my dad would kill me if I got something that wasn't from his diamond guy. He gets all his diamonds from Israel. He brought in an $18,000 stone last week and he paid $9,000 for it. If I go ahead with this I will have to get it from dad. But, I think I'm going to try and wait for the real thing I guess. :eek:

Girl- dooooo eeeeeeeeeeeet!!
I love love love love LOVE diamonds!!! Right not I only have my engagement ring, and soon to add my wedding band (which has chanel diamonds on it)... but I want an eternity band for my right hand. They are soooooo beautiful!! That's an idea you might want to think about, I'll probably never have one, but a girl can dream right?

Diamond studs or a diamond tennis bracelet is also a nice option.

Oh hell, get it all, treat yourself honey :heart:

I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman buying herself jewelrey. I bought myself a black opal ring a couple years ago. Just wouldn't buy anything that looks like a traditional engagement ring. Even if you wear it on the other hand a guy might think it's a promise ring or something.

buying yourself a ring wont make you feel any better about candy having one on her other hand. nor will it make you feel any better about your relationship status. grab yourself a pint or twelve of haagen-dazs, a bottle of grey goose and some limes. it'll be cheaper. then get over it, learn some patience and wait 'til you find someone who will give you one (of their own accord; doesn't count if you have a knife to their throat).

thrawn said:
buying yourself a ring wont make you feel any better about candy having one on her other hand. nor will it make you feel any better about your relationship status. grab yourself a pint or twelve of haagen-dazs, a bottle of grey goose and some limes. it'll be cheaper. then get over it, learn some patience and wait 'til you find someone who will give you one (of their own accord; doesn't count if you have a knife to their throat).

I don't eat sweets. I don't want to get fat. And I don't want to wait anymore.

edit: the Grey Goose is a viable option though.....

Bubbles said:

But you gotta wait... it isn't a decision.... unless you have a knife and some of Thornbirds duct tape.

April23 said:
But you gotta wait... it isn't a decision.... unless you have a knife and some of Thornbirds duct tape.

I don't hafta wait, people are just suggesting that I won't get a real ring if I buy one for myself. Which means I hafta wait. I dont' like this circular thinking at all. :sigh:

Bubbles said:

Know what's far worse for you than candy or sweets? Alcohol.

Makes people gain tons of weight. Lots of sugars too, so even if you don't get fat you could get diabetes. My dad just found out he needs to cut out whiskey and beer because of that, unless he wants to inject insulin for the rest of his life. He is not happy, but that's what happens.

Lord Flaccid said:
Know what's far worse for you than candy or sweets? Alcohol.

Makes people gain tons of weight. Lots of sugars too, so even if you don't get fat you could get diabetes. My dad just found out he needs to cut out whiskey and beer because of that, unless he wants to inject insulin for the rest of his life. He is not happy, but that's what happens.

Wow that sucks....my grandmother got throat cancer from smoking and diabetes from drinking all in the same year.

She still drinks and smokes.

And, I'm beginning to think you guys assume I have a drinking problem........I think I talk about it more than it actually happens, but meh. :)

Bubbles said:
Wow that sucks....my grandmother got throat cancer from smoking and diabetes from drinking all in the same year.

She still drinks and smokes.

And, I'm beginning to think you guys assume I have a drinking problem........I think I talk about it more than it actually happens, but meh. :)

Not a problem per se, but I know that when you do it you really do it, as evidenced by stories of vomit, etc. But the point is, if you're worried about your weight for whatever reason, alcohol is really, really bad.

Lord Flaccid said:
Not a problem per se, but I know that when you do it you really do it, as evidenced by stories of vomit, etc. But the point is, if you're worried about your weight for whatever reason, alcohol is really, really bad.

michelob ultra, baybee.