Dessert

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
We have a lot of recipes posted here, but it seems that usually they are about dinner instead of what is really important. I need new dessert recipes. Please share.

Here's a simple one that people really love:

Bark

2 sleeves of Saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large bag semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a 9" X 13" pan with parchment paper
Spread crackers in pan salted side up to cover bottom of pan.

In saucepan combine butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook stirring for 7 minutes until combination becomes like caramel. It should darken a lot in color.

Pour butter and sugar mixture over crackers.

Bake for 8 minutes.

Spread chocolate chips over baked crackers until melted.

Place pan in refrigerator and cool until hard.

Peel "bark" away from parchment paper and break into cookie sized pieces.

Eat

(Nuts also make a yummy addition to this. Just add when you melt the chocolate on top!)

this ones pretty simple, but it's the best dessert i know of.

first off, the ingredients.
goto dairy queen and order one of those ice cream cakes they have. take it home, cut it out, and serve.

the best part about these absolutely delicious things is the very minimal effort required.

i love to bake and have begun a collection of recipes, but i'm thinking of organizing them by seasons since that's what usually happens. let me know if you want something in particular or just a general dessert.

plot's recipe works well, though, and is good to have on hand if need be. also, publix and costco make great sheet cakes.

Well, something chocolate is always perfect.

We don't have publix here and we also don't have a costco membership.

I don't like ice cream cake, and also I enjoy making desserts rather than buying ones that are almost always way too sugary sweet and mostly without flavor.

Last edited:
i have a recipe for coca-cola cake if you want it. that's a winner for most. so long as you make it right. *elbow nudges theac*

Coca-Cola cake

cake:
2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. margarine
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 c. Coca-Cola
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs - beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows (I omit this)

icing:
1/2 c. margarine
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsp. Coca-Cola
1 box powdered sugar
1 c. broken pecans

Boil margarine, cocoa, and Coca-Cola. Remove from heat.
Pour buttermilk in bowl and add baking soda; stir until dissolved; put aside. (Buttermilk mixture will rise a little.)
Sift flour and sugar together. Pour margarine/Coca-Cola mix over it. Mix. Pour buttermilk/baking soda mix in it and stir. Add eggs, vanilla, and marshmallows. Stir.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely in pan.

Icing: Bring to a boil margarine, cocoa, and Coca-Cola and remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Stir for a long time (break up lumps of sugar.) Pour over cake in pan while icing is still hot. Let cool before serving.

Coca-Cola cake

cake:
2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. margarine
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 c. Coca-Cola
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs - beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows (I omit this)

icing:
1/2 c. margarine
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsp. Coca-Cola
1 box powdered sugar
1 c. broken pecans

Boil margarine, cocoa, and Coca-Cola. Remove from heat.
Pour buttermilk in bowl and add baking soda; stir until dissolved; put aside. (Buttermilk mixture will rise a little.)
Sift flour and sugar together. Pour margarine/Coca-Cola mix over it. Mix. Pour buttermilk/baking soda mix in it and stir. Add eggs, vanilla, and marshmallows. Stir.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely in pan.

Icing: Bring to a boil margarine, cocoa, and Coca-Cola and remove from heat. Add sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Stir for a long time (break up lumps of sugar.) Pour over cake in pan while icing is still hot. Let cool before serving.

Oooo, this sounds yum city :drool: But I'll use almonds :)