fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,301
Steam
mattressfish
http://slickdeals.net/#p5992
Dell Home is having another $750 off $1499 coupon for Inspiron laptops and Dimension Desktops. Coupons start tomorrow April 21 at 8AM CDT (6AM PDT). The last $750 coupon lasted only 45 minutes so be ready.

$750 off $1499 Dimension Desktop Offer: Only 15000 systems available for purchase with this coupon code. Coupon Code: P6LP$WFJQ6R1SF

$750 off $1499 Inspiron Offer: Only 8000 systems available for purchase with this coupon code. Coupon Code: V9WTJSQFFJVFST

DPA offer - Begins 4/13/05 6:00am CDT 6:00am Expires: 04/26/05 at 11:59PM CDT. (Combinable with select offers including the $750 off coupons) Save an additional 2% instantly (before tax and shipping & handling) when you purchase online using the Dell Preferred Account as your payment option with approved credit.

I can't imagine these things really have a 50% markup. How in the hell do they do this? :confused:

fly said:
http://slickdeals.net/#p5992

$750 off $1499 Dimension Desktop Offer: Only 15000 systems available for purchase with this coupon code. Coupon Code: P6LP$WFJQ6R1SF

$750 off $1499 Inspiron Offer: Only 8000 systems available for purchase with this coupon code. Coupon Code: V9WTJSQFFJVFST

DPA offer - Begins 4/13/05 6:00am CDT 6:00am Expires: 04/26/05 at 11:59PM CDT. (Combinable with select offers including the $750 off coupons) Save an additional 2% instantly (before tax and shipping & handling) when you purchase online using the Dell Preferred Account as your payment option with approved credit.

I can't imagine these things really have a 50% markup. How in the hell do they do this? :confused:

begins 4/13????

my wireless router crapped itself last weekend and I got a belkin 54g dual antenna router at best buy for $9.99 after $60 mfgr mail-in rebate

fly said:
That Belkin unit has the same Broadcom chipset as the more expensive Netgear and Linksys units.

I'm using it and there are no problems. No whiz-bang either, but it works flawlessly.

theacoustician said:
That Belkin unit has the same Broadcom chipset as the more expensive Netgear and Linksys units.

I'm using it and there are no problems. No whiz-bang either, but it works flawlessly.
Have you done bandwidth tests? I bet you're getting half the packets. The antennas on the belkins are made in Taiwan and are total shit.

fly said:
Have you done bandwidth tests? I bet you're getting half the packets. The antennas on the belkins are made in Taiwan and are total shit.

Whenever we get a client with wireless access issues we always ask them what hardware to use. If they say belkin or a few other shitty brands we tell them to toss them and go with something good like Linksys. Fixes the problem 80% of the time.

fly said:
At $9.99 a piece, I bought 2 and use one as a repeater. Still half the cost of a Linksys and no packet loss :p

fly said:
I share it out for free and the WAP is totally seperate from the rest of my network. I don't trust it either.

I let mine run free and don't care. If I lived in an apartment I wouldn't do that, though. The only people that could access it now would probably have to be on my property or on my street.