Dedication Honors Nude Britney Spears Giving Birth SEMI-NWS

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,059
Pop-Star's Pregnancy Idealized in Brooklyn 'Monument to Pro-Life'

BROOKLYN, NY (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- A nude Britney Spears on a bearskin rug while giving birth to her firstborn marks a 'first' for Pro-Life. Pop-star Britney Spears is the "ideal" model for Pro-Life and the subject of a dedication at Capla Kesting Fine Art in Brooklyn's Williamsburg gallery district, in what is proclaimed the first Pro-Life monument to birth, in April.

Dedication of the life-sized statue celebrates the recent birth of Spears' baby boy, Sean, and applauds her decision of placing family before career. "A superstar at Britney's young age having a child is rare in today's celebrity culture. This dedication honors Britney for the rarity of her choice and bravery of her decision," said gallery co-director, Lincoln Capla. The dedication includes materials provided by Manhattan Right To Life Committee.

0306-DEdwards-BS-animation.gif

"Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston," believed Pro-Life's first monument to the 'act of giving birth,' is purportedly an idealized depiction of Britney in delivery. Natural aspects of Spears' pregnancy, like lactiferous breasts and protruding naval, compliment a posterior view that depicts widened hips for birthing and reveals the crowning of baby Sean's head.

The monument also acknowledges the pop-diva's pin-up past by showing Spears seductively posed on all fours atop a bearskin rug with back arched, pelvis thrust upward, as she clutches the bear's ears with 'water-retentive' hands.

"Britney provides inspiration for those struggling with the 'right choice'," said artist Daniel Edwards, recipient of a 2005 Bartlebooth award from London's The Art Newspaper. "She was number one with Google last year, with good reason --- people are inspired by the beauty of a pregnant woman," said Edwards.

Capla Kesting denies the statue was developed from a rumored bootleg Britney Spears birth video. The artist admits to using references that include the wax figure of a pole-dancing Britney at Las Vegas' Madame Tussauds and 'Britney wigs' characterizing various hairstyles of the pop-princess from a Los Angeles hairstylist. And according to gallery co-director, David Kesting, the artist studied a bearskin rug from Canada "to convey the commemoration of the traditional bearskin rug baby picture."

PODCAST:
Hear an interview with sculptor Daniel Edwards on the Send2Press Entertainment Podcast
An appropriate location for permanent installation of "Monument to Pro-Life" by Mother's Day is being sought by the gallery.

"Monument to Pro-Life" is on view April 7th thru 23rd with a reception for the dedication April 7th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Capla Kesting Fine Art, 121 Roebling St., Brooklyn, NY. Gallery hours are 1:00 - 6:00 pm Thursday thru Sunday, or by appointment. The gallery can be reached at http://www.caplakesting.com or by phone at 646-932-5687.

I cant think of words... http://www.send2press.com/newswire/2006-03-0322-003.shtml My local paper ran this article, had to find a link for everyone ^__^

wow. i don't know where to begin..

actually, i do.
This dedication honors Britney for the rarity of her choice and bravery of her decision,
something bothers me about that line. makes it seem like she's better than any other mother who goes through the trials of pregnancy just because she has a celebrity career to worry about. it also implies that the decision to not carry a child to term isn't a tough decision unto itself

This is art? Eh, eye of the beholder I guess. I've seen examples of dryer lint turned into art that people pay ridiculous amounts to see. :rolleyes: It's just astounding that they choose to honor this dingbat over lord knows how many other women that could be much more deserving.

Whatever floats people's boats. But still, depicting her in that position is hilarious. :lol:

FlyNavy said:

wow. i don't know where to begin..

Whatever floats people's boats. But still, depicting her in that position is hilarious. :lol:
She had a C-section... I wouldnt care cept' for the doggy stylin' statute.

kiwi said:
Some people really do deliver in "doggy style", I've heard it's actually quite an effective way to do it.
iirc, DigitalMocking's wife launched spawn that way. Since Im thinking about it, I demand that someone post pics of DM's daughter here.

fly said:
iirc, DigitalMocking's wife launched spawn that way. Since Im thinking about it, I demand that someone post pics of DM's daughter here.
i believe she was in a birthing pool with ron sitting behind her. orion came out like neo busting through the pod

This thread caused me to kidnap and decapitate 16 random people tonight. It's the only way I know how to relieve the shock, despair, and lack of faith I have in humanity on an ever-growing and daily basis.