Deconstruction

So are you just gonna live in that place with all the guts torn out of it?
Rebuilding the interior of that place to civilized living standards wont be cheap.

If you forget cabinets, trim, and the sink, it's less than $1500 to finish. I can drywall the entire place in one day for $500~. The floor is the only $$, $250~ for the subfloor, $300 for finsih floor.

Exactly, there are much cheaper places to live in other parts of the country.
:rolleyes:

Or just enroll in a university full time, get federal aid, live on campus, eat on campus, and get educated on campus. The government foots the bill up front. Get a degree and then go get a job outside of the mall and pay back the loans.

I left at 18, with no car and no money and it worked out okay. You gotta do it sometime and things aren't getting any cheaper.

You do realise that you got the condensed version. There are a number of reasons I dont take off. I did it for a year when I turned 18. There is a very, very good reason Im not at school right now. If I wanted to just go off I'd join the Army.

Been there, done that, if you had read on. Occur to you I am here for a reason?

You are fully capable of taking your life where you want it. If money is an issue, then sell yourself. There are ways around it, just saying, "I have to live here" isn't the full truth.

You are fully capable of taking your life where you want it. If money is an issue, then sell yourself. There are ways around it, just saying, "I have to live here" isn't the full truth.

You are the only one here saying that I "have to live here". I never mentioned it once. The entire tone of my posts was that; I am here and I am making the best of it and there are reasons but Im not going to tell you them.

You didnt even introduce the idea that it was something "not okay". It took Candy's passively mocking backhanded comment about "other people" to get the ball rolling. Colour me unimpressed, you arent being helpful, just patronising.

You are the only one here saying that I "have to live here". I never mentioned it once. The entire tone of my posts was that; I am here and I am making the best of it and there are reasons but Im not going to tell you them.

You didnt even introduce the idea that it was something "not okay". It took Candy's passively mocking backhanded comment about "other people" to get the ball rolling. Colour me unimpressed, you arent being helpful, just patronising.

Exactly the patronizing is fairly entertaining.

My parents refused to make a claim on their insurance because it was "just my stuff", not theirs. They formerly rented this place out btw. Now they kept saying they are going to fix it blah blah blah, not happening, these people will not spend money on anything. They said that if I fixed it, they were going to rent it out anyway. Obviously there is much bad blood here.

I see where you get the non-finished road attitude from :D

Apple.Tree

Im bothered that your personal life isnt an open book for us to throw stones at.

Im bothered that your personal life isnt an open book for us to throw stones at.

Im bothered that you use more beauty products than your girlfriend but you dont hear me saying anything about. :p

insulate the walls with newspaper and cover the walls with cardboard and duct tape. Then paint it. It'd set you back less than $20. It'd be a bit more flammable, but you'd be gettin' it on the cheap.

I'd check contruction sites for scrap drywall. If you can get all your drywall, a box of screws and some mud will be less than $20.

400sqft room isn't gonna take more than 20+ sheets. If your at the contruction sites, you could also look for paneling. Or, you could buy paneling to start with. I'm sure you can find some for less than $20 a 4x8 sheet.

Wanna go real cheap? Go to the dump and get some currogated metal.

Last edited: