FYI Debtfree before the apocalypse

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
Since I have had to abruptly move because of my job, I have had to sell my condo. My car will be paid off in September at my current rate of payment. I don't hold a credit card debt. My school loans are around $5200 left.

I am setting a goal for myself to be completely debtfree by 2011.

Thoughts? How debt free are you?

I thought it wasn't good being completely debt free? Doesn't it negatively affect your credit score?

Debt free, except mortgage and student loans. And since my student loans are at 2% interest, its better for me NOT to pay them off...

I will be debt free in a few months. I have $2,500 left. I am so excited.

I'm going to celebrate by buying a new car and wracking up $25k in debt.

You should hire a bunch of hoes and go on a 10k vacation too.

Actually you could probably find some to go with you for free on the internet, as long as you are paying their way.

Hell no, I intend to incur as much debt as possible before the apocalypse. Bank of America can't repo 6 grand in MREs if they're not around to do so! muahahahaha

Debt free, except mortgage and student loans. And since my student loans are at 2% interest, its better for me NOT to pay them off...

Well, it's better for you to pay off the mortgage (or any other higher interest rate than 2%), but yes I am in the same boat, too with my school loan. Well, I guess not exactly. My loan is at 3% and since it is the only I would have left, I would just pay that off faster and then bank any "loan payments" after that.

being debt free while still maintaining available credit lines is actually good for your credit.

I assume you are talking about credit lines through credit cards? If you do not use them, is your credit line ever affected?

This is my biggest fight. I can't be happy just out right owning a car, oh no. I even want to go so far as to keep the existing car, AND get a new car, so I can use my current car for all the shit miles, and just keep my new car for evenings and events.

I talk myself out of it every day.

Whoever owns the most bullets after the apocalypse will be king, so I suggest you invest heavily in ammo. They will be the primary currency.

Well, it's better for you to pay off the mortgage (or any other higher interest rate than 2%), but yes I am in the same boat, too with my school loan. Well, I guess not exactly. My loan is at 3% and since it is the only I would have left, I would just pay that off faster and then bank any "loan payments" after that.

No way. Unless you have some redick rate, its never to your advantage to pay of your mortgage either...