GAY Debit Card Spending Limits

The banking industry has fucked up this country more than oil industry. Bankers make the laws.

yep.

biggest moneymaker for your local bank? overdrafts.

They don't even have to look out for you. If you have $100 in your account and 3 checks come in on the same day, one for $105, one for $15, and one for $30, they calculate to overdraw your account with the $105 first, THEN further overdraw with the next two checks for 3 OD fees.

best summary eva!

The story here is not so much the cap on fees itself, but the ability of banks and their lobbyists to control the legislative process from start to finish. The banks spent millions on lobbying while Dodd-Frank was being drafted. Part of the payoff was that rather than having hard, fast rules included in the legislation itself, general guidelines and goals were devised, the details of which would be worked out later on by bank-friendly regulators like the Fed and the OCC. And it's worked like a charm. By having now gone back to Congress, spreading around a little more dough and crocodile tears, the banks can now exert further control over, or in this case prevent entirely, the implementation of guidelines originally passed by Congress.

my dad used to pay 5cents for every debit card transaction, now its completely free.

he's also charged ~3% for visa/mastercard/discover
and around 5% for amex... hence why nobody accepts them.

discover used to be around 5% too, which is why 10 years ago nobody excepted them either.

my company has a policy where they expect to be paid within 30 days or you get put on a credit hold and can't get any more contracts signed. then they turn around and their terms for paying someone else is 120 days, good luck getting a check cut before then. :rolleyes:

its a constant battle with our subs cause half the time we go into projects under them, half the time they're under us... so it's not uncommon where we owe them 45k for one project and they owe us 55k for another.

hey amstel, I just bought some lemons and whiskey at jewell but I put it on my card, think they would have given me a discount for paying in cash? :fly:

hey amstel, I paid my cell phone bill this morning on my credit card

think tmobile would give me a discount if I mailed them cash instead?