GAY Debit Card Spending Limits

I have checking through Charles Schwab Checking. 0.5% interest and no ATM fees on any ATM, no limit either. But since as much purchasing as possible is done on my CC, it's of little use.

which you'd still pay even if you paid in cash. it's like complaining that using the bathroom in a store jacks up the price because they have to buy more toilet paper for their customers

Yes, exactly. And I think that's the point he's making. I didn't say it was a very good point, mind you....

it's total bullshit. Gov't passed these laws because banks, that we bailed out, are making a killing nickling and diming us with fees. So government says 'knock off the fees', so banks look for new ways to be complete fuckers and get more money elsewhere.

Fucking greed has gone from being a productive medium to being just freaking rampant. It won't be long before were sitting like Libya.

I really need to stop reading the news.

what :lol: no. when you buy a $150 pair of shoes the final price is the same whether its cash or credit

where the fuck have you shopped that charged you an additional transaction fee for using credit?

There are quite a few places locally that give a cash discount, because they can't charge more for credit.

I like those places.

If I paid in cash, the shoes would still cost $150. My electric bill would still be the same price regardless of how I pay it. However, I get a check for $85 from the CC company because of bonuses.

no. just no.

I have an office supply retailer that gives me a 5% discount if I pay via check or bank wire. When I purchase $55,000 in office equipment you can bet I relish saving $2750.

Your retailer isn't allowed to charge more for the credit card transactions so that cost is built into the price of your product, just like labor is. But they are allowed to discount for cash.

no. just no.

I have an office supply retailer that gives me a 5% discount if I pay via check or bank wire. When I purchase $55,000 in office equipment you can bet I relish saving $2750.

Your retailer isn't allowed to charge more for the credit card transactions so that cost is built into the price of your product, just like labor is. But they are allowed to discount for cash.

:lol: that has nothing to do with the example you gave. very few places do what you suggested, especially for a $150 pair of shoes

your situation is the exception, not the rule

which you'd still pay even if you paid in cash. it's like complaining that using the bathroom in a store jacks up the price because they have to buy more toilet paper for their customers

no. Because there are property and building codes that say these establishments must have restroom facilities, drinking fountains, doors, etc. This cost was there when it was built. The same is for lights, heat/AC, and a roof. They have no way to reduce the cost to one customer if they choose to bring there own flashlight.

no. just no.

That is such a rarity its not even worth paying cash every time.

no. Because there are property and building codes that say these establishments must have restroom facilities, drinking fountains, doors, etc. This cost was there when it was built. The same is for lights, heat/AC, and a roof. They have no way to reduce the cost to one customer if they choose to bring there own flashlight.

they're not required to have drinking fountains nor are they required to allow patrons to use their restroom facilities

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

it really surprises me how you get through the day. Are you under the impression the credit card fairy pays that fee? :D:D:D

you have no idea what you're talking about. your situation is still the exception. very few places ever give a discount for paying in cash. every single bill and every single purchase I place on my credit card would cost exactly the same if I paid in cash. there are no additional fees on my statement and the vast majority of establishments will not give a discount for paying in cash, especially if it's a chain.

this is exactly what the CC co's are banking on. You spend that 2-4% more on everything in a year because to you "it's not even worth paying cash."

Because you don't deliver the cash in person, you pay someone else 2-4% to deliver it for you.

:lol: I dare you to find me a local store that will charge less for a $150 pair of shoes if you pay in cash.

you pay exactly the same as I do.

not to mention the $2700 cash discount he mentioned is bullshit unless he's walking a briefcase of cash to the place. it's still an electronic xfer that someone is making money on

not to mention the $2700 cash discount he mentioned is bullshit unless he's walking a briefcase of cash to the place. it's still an electronic xfer that someone is making money on

most likely just a business check. but you're right, he's not walking into the place with cash

but either way for the majority of day to day transactions when he's not bullshitting about spending 55000 of money that isn't his, it makes no difference.

Been reading about these fees for credit usage for years, and to be honest, I'm surprised this cap hasn't been considered before.

Ridic, nonetheless.