Thread Debate: In this Thread We Use Citations/References to Backup Our Claims on ANY Topic

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
I know I have been one that has consistently been guilty of this and YOU, more than likely, have been too. That is spouting off opinions as FACT without doing our due diligence and researching before we inflate our chest and beat on our skinny little rib cages. We all have points to prove and opinions to make valid, but its not getting us anywhere except to argue like jailhouse queens.

So for this thread, we play by the Essay writing rules.

NO Media references allowed.
NO Untrustworthy sources.
NO Shirt, shoes, or pants allowed.
Journal articles, OKAY
Encyclopedias, OKAY (wikipedia not okay, using references at the bottom of an article to find the information you need is okay)
Research articles, OKAY
If you are unsure if an article is okay, other users have a right to quote your post and say you need a second valid reference backing up your claim​

You may use http://citationmachine.net/ to put your citation in APA or MLA format, whatever you prefer.

My topic: Mitochondria DNA is fascinating in the evolutionary world. Only women pass on this DNA to the offspring (haha, we are superior!) All of us can be traced back to a single woman in Africa. There are different sequences in everyone which is formed by the mutations of evolution. These mutations make some people susceptible to certain diseases like Parkinson's and sickle cell. It is also probably why Drool likes poop more than anyone else here.

Suissa S, Wang Z, Poole J, Wittkopp S, Feder J, et al. (2009) Ancient mtDNA Genetic Variants Modulate mtDNA Transcription and Replication. PLoS Genet 5(5): e1000474. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000474

This is so not going to be a long thread, we're lazy fucks. :lol:

iorofl2.gif

Okay I'll get the ball rolling:

To "cry crocodile tears" is a common expression which is used for depicting fake sadness. It has its origins in the myth according to which reptiles weep while eating humans. But, believe it or not, crocodiles really do wipe while feasting, but rather due to physiological reasons than remorse. Their eyes can froth and bubble during the feeding. Air pushed through the sinuses could mix with tears in the animal's lacrimal (tear) glands and the whole content could be emptied into the eye; resulting the "fake" remorse.

Fact.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/14-Amazing-Facts-About-Crocodiles-69931.shtml

What does "no media references" really mean? Is a book not a form of media? Is anything digital not a form of media?

Media like Fox news.

Again what does that mean? Are you being biased toward Fox or just any news source? I get the desire for the root data and not a news organization presenting the data. Is that what you mean?

Ape wanted to make a thread where she was going to force people to provide proof of their claims. This came about from Amstel and Ara making outrageous claims against Obama. She has also decide to subjectively rope me into the same category as them, but in doing so she has made a claim without providing anything to prove it. This leads me to believe Ape is senile, or Ape is just trolling.

Ape wanted to make a thread where she was going to force people to provide proof of their claims. This came about from Amstel and Ara making outrageous claims against Obama. She has also decide to subjectively rope me into the same category as them, but in doing so she has made a claim without providing anything to prove it. This leads me to believe Ape is senile, or Ape is just trolling.
Please backup your claims.