Death Laser Countdown! (9/9/11 Update)

:D So as of yesterday, I now have 20/15 vision.

:hs: I still have a couple of outstanding issues, like dryness when I wake up in the mornings. Doc said that's common with PRK and may take up to a year to go away. I also recently developed a small white line that I see out of my right eye. He said that was not really anything to be concerned with and it should go away as well.

Nice so a whole year of "she looked 18 to me"

dbzeag, how's your eyes doing? Any better? What are you plans? More surgery?

Eyes still suck. Can't drive at night anymore as I can't read the signs. During the day my vision blurs to varying degrees so it's never constant. My appointment for the 6 month check up is in a couple weeks. Then we can see what we can do, but most likely they can't. Since my vision varies, reflashing won't help the stability. I don't really think there's much that can be done. Maybe in a few more months....

So a bit more detail then. Can you see clearly at any distance? Can you read menus or computer screens, for example? At what distance do signs become unreadable? Can you be refitted with a new glasses prescription? Or contacts? How long after your next appointment do you intend to wait before talking to an attorney?

Last edited:
Eyes still suck. Can't drive at night anymore as I can't read the signs. During the day my vision blurs to varying degrees so it's never constant. My appointment for the 6 month check up is in a couple weeks. Then we can see what we can do, but most likely they can't. Since my vision varies, reflashing won't help the stability. I don't really think there's much that can be done. Maybe in a few more months....

This is why Lasik scares me, and why I'm glad that at least my eyesight is still perfect.

So a bit more detail then. Can you see clearly at any distance? Can you read menus or computer screens, or example? At what distance do signs become unreadable? Can you be refitted with a new glasses prescription? Or contacts?

Since my vision varies by the hour, stable correction liek contacts or glasses won't work.

I can see clearly and varying distances at varying times, but most times mid range vision like computer monitors are readable, if a bit foggy sometimes. closeup vision is good but not great. distance vision (what was supposed to be fixed) was fantastic and almost like a powerful telescope, but now tests to 20-20 in the lab. But that's on a good hour. A bad hour and it's kinda blurry.

This is why Lasik scares me, and why I'm glad that at least my eyesight is still perfect.

It's really because of the place I went, not the procedure itself. well it could be the procedure they chose to do, too, really.

My sister is going in for lasik in 6 days. Any tips for her?

If its actually Lasik and not something else, its easy as pie.

dbzeag: If you vision isn't stable then your eyes are still healing. From what I understand, it WILL stabilize, and then they can do something if necessary...

Don't go where Dave went.

new4_good-793279.gif

My sister is going in for lasik in 6 days. Any tips for her?

Follow all of the rules and do the drops they recommend in a timely manner. After the procedure take a tylonal PM and nap for a few hours. Lets your eyes heal faster (supposedly lol). Wear sunglasses a lot, even more than you think. I had to wear them indoors for a couple days after the procedure.