Food Dear Fly

I guess it depends on siblings too. If my man had a family to visit and my sister was away I'd feel like I wanted to be with my mum and dad as opposed to his family etc.

Anyway I never have this dilemma. So long as I have gin, some dead animal brought by my dad and therefore free (because free food is the best kind of food) and a warm fire Christmas is bliss.

I guess it depends on siblings too. If my man had a family to visit and my sister was away I'd feel like I wanted to be with my mum and dad as opposed to his family etc.

Anyway I never have this dilemma. So long as I have gin, some dead animal brought by my dad and therefore free (because free food is the best kind of food) and a warm fire Christmas is bliss.

having kids makes a huge difference too. We're lucky that both our families are close by so we visit them both.

having kids makes a huge difference too. We're lucky that both our families are close by so we visit them both.

True. A friend of mine is pissed because her mother doesn't want her brothers at Xmas dinner, just her and her sister who has kids. What she's selfishly failing to grasp is her mother only sees her other sister and the grandkids maybe once a year (they live in Singapore) whereas her brothers live 10 minutes away. What do you do at Xmas tre?

I guess it's different for people in England because a lot of families live close together still whereas you guys are states apart. My parents live 10 minutes walk from my house, my gran 15 minutes in the other direction and all my friends are within 10-15minutes walk too.

True. A friend of mine is pissed because her mother doesn't want her brothers at Xmas dinner, just her and her sister who has kids. What she's selfishly failing to grasp is her mother only sees her other sister and the grandkids maybe once a year (they live in Singapore) whereas her brothers live 10 minutes away. What do you do at Xmas tre?

I guess it's different for people in England because a lot of families live close together still whereas you guys are states apart. My parents live 10 minutes walk from my house, my gran 15 minutes in the other direction and all my friends are within 10-15minutes walk too.

and the mom isn't selfish for not wanting the brothers to see their sister and nieces/nephews that one time a year?

xmas eve at the inlaws, sleep at our place then santa comes. morning at the inlaws with gifts, then drive an hour and a half to my folks and spend the night over there drinking. :)

i'm going to my dads tomorrow with his side of the family, moms going to chicago (wtf?), don't bother with my moms side of the family anymore, going to iowa christmas day to shoot guns with some buddies. mainly ar's and pistols.

good times