Ontopic DB's Guide To The Land Down Under - Sydney Edition

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Ok Dave. I'll give you a complete run down :)hi2u:) of all the place I think you should visit if you go to Sydney, Australia. I have to break this up by cities, because it would just be waaaaay too much info all at once. Hope this helps.

First off, you will be landing in Sydney at the Kingsford Smith international terminal. The line up for passport checks will seem overwhelming, but the line should move quicker than you'd expect. After you've been approved, you will collect your bags and move on to the Customs checkpoint. DECLARE ALL FOOD! Custom in Australia don't fuck around, they are some real anal fuckers, if you know what I mean. Once you're out of the airport, you will probably have an hour drive by taxi to where you book your hotel. There's nothing nearer the airport that's at all interesting. You're best off finding a hotel in the city, or one of the surrounding towns/suburbs. I would suggest Potts Point if you want to stay right in the city, and don't mind dropping some cash for accommodation. If you want to be a little more conservative, then I would suggest Strathfield or Homebush (Site of the 2000 Olympics). Just make sure you are within walking distance to a train line as the train transportation there is pretty good. Alternatively, you could make sure you're accommodation is near the Parramatta River, as you could then catch a ferry all the way up the river, out into the harbour, and then right up to the city's CBD.

What to see in Sydney:

The Sydney Opera House

2007_12_14t11.14.13_11.00_sydney_opera_house.jpg

The Sydney Harbour Bridge

harbour-bridge-sydney-ausw089.jpg

The Queen Victoria Building

queen-victoria-building-04.jpg

Oxford Street

_42535919_oxford203.jpg

09_mg6_gallery__564x400.jpg

Bondi Beach

Bondi-Beach-australia-3849063-600-398.jpg

n860995227_5858259_685.jpg
<--- Our version of the US Baywatch (Surf Lifesavers)

Sydney Tower (aka Centerpoint Tower)

Copy%20of%20Re..797%20%282%29.jpg

_dsc8984_83_82_81_80_79_78.jpg

The Royal Botanical Gardens

rbg-sydney-b_3.jpg

Toronga Zoo

sydney-zoo.jpg

Darling Harbour

DarlingHarbour1.jpg

Just incase you didn't know. You can click on each title of each place to see the wiki page for it. That will give you the best description of each place.. If you have more questions about anything not covered by wiki, or questions about a place not listed here, ask away.

n860995227_5858259_685.jpg
<--- Our version of the US Baywatch (Surf Lifesavers)

I think they're doing it wrong.

:heart:

I was more thinking another other places in Aust. I mean it is a fairly large place and there are other things outside of Sydney. I have heard the beachs 3 hours north along the coast of Perth are epic.

I think they're doing it wrong.

:heart:

I was more thinking another other places in Aust. I mean it is a fairly large place and there are other things outside of Sydney. I have heard the beachs 3 hours north along the coast of Perth are epic.

Ok. I'll do the Perth / Western Australia Edition next.

I would love to do a trip there, to be honest. I just want to drive a 'ute on the outback to say I did it. Maybe go camping there, too.

My company does have some facilities there I could transfer to.....

I want to do a trip all the way around Australia. Basically just follow the coast line.

lol. I would be totally up for that.

You can find old cars cheap. That's what some european backpackers do. They just buy an old car, then do the trip from one side to the other, then sell the car.

Dave stopped reading at anal customs agents.

At this moment he is frantically texting Chim from the backseat of a cab.