D&B Debauchery

fly said:
Teaser pic:
IMG_0797.JPG
:lol:

bast_imret said:
Pump it Up? :( Did they not have any DDR? I hate the PIU pads. damn center button.

BTW, funny that theac played it in a public location when he usually won't play it in the privacy of my own house. Then again sitting back on teh couch and watching the girls play from behind is pretty nice . . . then again, he does the same thing when I play too :shifty:

See, the thing with DDR is that the only version that is really legal here is DDR USA which really blows (no real recognizeable songs, even the made up songs are the weak Japanese songs in english. I could go on and on on how it sucks) And large places like that typically dont put up items like that since its questionable dispite the fact that I dont think anyone has heard of Konami or anyone else sueing a company for having a game imported to the US.

Pump is an ok however since they sell it directly here. Im not saying you'll never see a D&B and Jillians that has DDR but you are much more likely to see Pump in one.

Ryokurin said:
See, the thing with DDR is that the only version that is really legal here is DDR USA which really blows (no real recognizeable songs, even the made up songs are the weak Japanese songs in english. I could go on and on on how it sucks) And large places like that typically dont put up items like that since its questionable dispite the fact that I dont think anyone has heard of Konami or anyone else sueing a company for having a game imported to the US.

Pump is an ok however since they sell it directly here. Im not saying you'll never see a D&B and Jillians that has DDR but you are much more likely to see Pump in one.

It's illegal to import Japanese arcade games? Then what's with the thousands of DDR cabinets all over the country? Is it just that no one cares except D&B?

bast_imret said:
It's illegal to import Japanese arcade games? Then what's with the thousands of DDR cabinets all over the country? Is it just that no one cares except D&B?

Well, Konami for one likes to stick this disclaimer on their games saying that 'this game was meant for the X market only, and we reserve the rights to sue anyone who dosn't follow this' but like I said, I have never heard of anyone ever getting sued over it. I can see if if they intended to bring it over but couldnt because everyone got it from there but its not going to happen. The one reason why they havent brought it over legally was they claimed the lisence fees for the songs made it not worth it for the Arcade market (also part of the reason why those machines are like 5,000 dollars too) Then again there really isnt any major arcade chains anymore. Even the Sega and Namco arcades are either gone, or much smaller than they were. Who would you sue? a mom and pop or a nice sized corporation like D&B?