Ontopic Cutting the Cheese

Long story short, the cable TV industry and Cord Cutting services often participate in something called TV Everywhere.

It's a way for you to watch your TV package on a phone or whatever. It also facilitates using network apps like Discovery Go by whacking up the app with the login credentials for your TV provider.

We have a a piece of software running called Channels DVR for our tv antennas, it will also connect to TV Everywhere providers, like DirecTV, XFinity, Hulu Live TV, etc.

Or the cable provider my parents have! We now have access to their TV provider for the $80 a year subscription fee for the Channels guide data.

There might be other free'er software that would let you do this, I haven't looked into .

So yeah, "free" cable.

If you're going to cut the cord, fuckin' cut it.

Live with OTA broadcasts and one or two streaming services.

All this "I MUST HAVE ALL MY CHANNELS OR MY BIL WON'T RESPECT ME AFTER I SUCK THE CHROME OFF HIS #PROFESSIONALGRADE TRAILER HITCH" nonsense is just painful to watch.

I've been meaning to put up an OTA antenna on my roof. I kind of miss local channels & news. I stream it on my phone now, but would be nice to have larger screen. Need to buy an OTA antenna. Outside of missing local channels, I'm happy with Netflix and Amazon Prime subscription. I throw in occasional Showtime or HBO for new series releases then cancel when I am done.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum