Ontopic Cutting the Cheese

I pay 25 for my DirectTV. I’ve been paying that for a few years now because every year when it’s up I threaten to cancel and they do it for another year.
I'm up to two streaming services (netflix and F1), for about $18/mo total.

I could continue pirating the Sky Sports feed for F1, but this is a good 95% solution that gets me all the racing, but none of the Lewis Hamilton ball-gargling pre- and post-race nonsense.

Isn't basic cable like $35?

edit: Apparently $29.99 here
https://www.spectrum.com/

edit2: I don't read good.

Except Spectrum's basic cable is not like the basic cable you remember. No ESPN, no TBS, no WGN, basically no nothing outside of a few basic cable channels and a lot of HGN.

They basically took the lower 67 or so channels that we used to get with basic cable and removed half of them for a higher price point.

Except Spectrum's basic cable is not like the basic cable you remember. No ESPN, no TBS, no WGN, basically no nothing outside of a few basic cable channels and a lot of HGN.

They basically took the lower 67 or so channels that we used to get with basic cable and removed half of them for a higher price point.
No idea. We took the opportunity during cord cutting to change how we consume TV, so I don't miss cable one bit. And I now have SmoothStreams for all my sports fixes.

No idea. We took the opportunity during cord cutting to change how we consume TV, so I don't miss cable one bit. And I now have SmoothStreams for all my sports fixes.

Good call. It was downgrading from an extended package down to basic cable, and finding out what they took away making basic cable of zero value is what was my drive to get rid of it all together a month later. I get all my football from a different source.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly