Ontopic Cutting the Cheese

This is the one I got today. You can stick it to the wall or a window. I put mine in a cubby behind my TV so you can't even see it.

leaf-50-ci_w_500.jpg

Thanks. I'm going to order one off amazon and see what capabilties it gets me. I suspect it won't be great because of the nature of the construction around my place and that an attic mount might be required, but for $60, it's worth an attempt.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Thanks. I'm going to order one off amazon and see what capabilties it gets me. I suspect it won't be great because of the nature of the construction around my place and that an attic mount might be required, but for $60, it's worth an attempt.

Exactly and if it doesn't work just send it back no harm no foul.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
I might still have mine. If you wait for me to dig around in the attic this afternoon, I'll let you know whether it's still here, and you can have it for free.

• Gravy
If it's a 30 then @Duke I suggest you get the amplified 50 if you really want to test out what you'll get. From what I was reading there is a huge drop off between the two.

Same. I was looking at them and checked out their website. I was looking at the curve 50, but the leaf 50 will do as well.

The 30 might not cut it.

This is what I've got in my attic, along with an amplifier. Pulls in everything.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024R4B5C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: Almost 4k reviews!

Yeah, I know. I'm just not looking forward to all the cabling shit I'm going to have to mess with to make that work. Whomever was the cabling contractor on my subdivision, they chose to do fucking home runs to each drop point instead of daisy chaining them all together. It's not going to be pretty to try and get the two cabled together. None of the drops run existing cable through the attic and it's stupid.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Yeah, I know. I'm just not looking forward to all the cabling shit I'm going to have to mess with to make that work. Whomever was the cabling contractor on my subdivision, they chose to do fucking home runs to each drop point instead of daisy chaining them all together. It's not going to be pretty to try and get the two cabled together. None of the drops run existing cable through the attic and it's stupid.
Homeruns is actually awesome. No matter, you just have to get it on one line somewhere and your entire house will have it. If you want some help, lemme know.

• Gravy

Homerun are a good thing.

Daisy chaining is the cheapshit way.

lot of folks I know dislike hulu because they don't like getting commercials when they've already paid for the service
Hulu is one of my main sources of TV. I've never seen a commercial.
Every now and then we'll get to a series end and it will autoplay a new show and we'll see a disclaimer that "this show is exempt from our commercial-free policy" but it's never been one we've wanted to see, so we change it.

Homeruns is actually awesome. No matter, you just have to get it on one line somewhere and your entire house will have it. If you want some help, lemme know.

I just might. I expect I'll need to drill some access points through some of the framing to get a cable dropped into the guest BR, which I can then tap into its cable and down to the splitter in the garage. If the Leaf/Curve doesn't resolve this for me, then that'll be the next step. We'll get @APRIL drunk on old fashioneds so she doesn't get in the way while the men work ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and fly
I just might. I expect I'll need to drill some access points through some of the framing to get a cable dropped into the guest BR, which I can then tap into its cable and down to the splitter in the garage. If the Leaf/Curve doesn't resolve this for me, then that'll be the next step. We'll get @APRIL drunk on old fashioneds so she doesn't get in the way while the men work ;)
Yeah, once you get the antenna on the coax somewhere, you're good. Let me know.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Duke