customer service

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i ordered a processor for spange for father's day, and had it 1-day shipped (for $20). of COURSE it was the wrong one (and this is why i don't get computer crap for gifts for him,) so i just got off the phone with the place. the guy said they don't refund the shipping ($20!!!) i kinda talked a bit more, just voicing my frustrations but not asking for anything -- HE REFUNDED THE SHIPPING FOR ME! so i, in turn, asked if there was an email or form i could fill out to compliment him for outstanding service. :D he was flattered and jumped on it, giving me the email address and his name.

you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours, and it works oftentimes.

does anyone have stories like this? any hints on how you work customer service? i am always nice to the reps because it's rarely their fault -- they're just doing their jobs. if they seem patient with me, i try to help them out...they restore my faith in reps just as i can restore their faith in customers.

be as nice as possible and try to explain teh situation to a point that they would understand and want to fight for you.

I keep cool and like you said, its not their fault... they just work there so i dont take it out on them and i make sure they understand it wasn't something they did if i ever request a manager on the phone.

I was in best buy a few years ago to pick up a game I had reserved.
I told the yo-yo behind the counter to go fetch it up for me and he said, half jokingly "What if I dont want to" , to which I responded, "Then Ill punch you in the goddamn throat and go get it myself". The game was in my hands in about .5 seconds. Fucking smartass counter monkeys.

The general public are mostly rude assholes to Customer Service people - I know because I work for a service company and people yell at our employees all the time. Something to keep in mind (at least in my office) if you are an asshole you are likely to be bumped to last on our list. Your part will all of a sudden have to be "ordered" and installed another day, and if you say the F word to us you are likely to incur what we call an "asshole upcharge" for dealing with you.

I fought with an airline counter person one time; needless to say she made SURE we missed our plane. Definatly my fault. LOL.

On the other hand - if they are rude to you first it is almost always a green light to be a bitch back.

Drool-Boy said:
I told the yo-yo behind the counter to go fetch it up for me and he said, half jokingly "What if I dont want to" , to which I responded, "Then Ill punch you in the goddamn throat and go get it myself". The game was in my hands in about .5 seconds. Fucking smartass counter monkeys.

Counter monkeys :lol:

Candy said:
Something to keep in mind (at least in my office) if you are an asshole you are likely to be bumped to last on our list. Your part will all of a sudden have to be "ordered" and installed another day, and if you say the F word to us you are likely to incur what we call an "asshole upcharge" for dealing with you.

This happened to me recently, I spent weeks with parts backordered, nobody would contact me, etc.
The thing is, I had never been rude in the least. Even after being repeatedly lied to, told "Oh, someone just left you a voicemail earlier today" several times (when nobody had), etc. I was still polite. Finally I couldn't take it any more. They ended up giving me a full refund on a 4 year old laptop, so we bought a brand new one for me with several hundred dollars left over :D

Thorn Bird said:
i ordered a processor for spange for father's day, and had it 1-day shipped (for $20). of COURSE it was the wrong one (and this is why i don't get computer crap for gifts for him,) so i just got off the phone with the place. the guy said they don't refund the shipping ($20!!!) i kinda talked a bit more, just voicing my frustrations but not asking for anything -- HE REFUNDED THE SHIPPING FOR ME! so i, in turn, asked if there was an email or form i could fill out to compliment him for outstanding service. :D he was flattered and jumped on it, giving me the email address and his name.
QUOTE]

So where was this magical place so we might place orders there ourselves?

Drool-Boy said:

The Geek Squad guys are hilarious.

I had one of them trying to explain to me how XP Media Center was a good office solution and you could join it to a domain with only a little "tinkering".

KNYTE said:
The Geek Squad guys are hilarious.

I had one of them trying to explain to me how XP Media Center was a good office solution and you could join it to a domain with only a little "tinkering".
You guys don't run XPMC in the office? :wtf:

Fat Burger said:
I had the Geek Squad manager tell me that IE4 was released with Windows 2000. Hahahaha he doesn't know minor facts about Microsoft products!

topgun2.jpg

FlamingGlory said:
You must have such a hard time following my posts around adding nothing witty :heart:
lemme tell ya old friend, it is hard work. but the hardest part of my job is stomaching your private messages:

FlamingGlory said:
elpmis,

Thanks for your advice on my next set of combat boots for playing around in my backyard! They came in the mail yesterday, but didn't seem to match my current weapon of choice. Fortunately enough I managed to find a sword that seems to go well, along with a hat and cape I think are quite fitting. Attached is a picture of yours truly in full battle ready uniform, complete with camo face paint. Anyways, I am now ready to attack the make believe enemies that patrol around in my parent's backyard. Sadly for them I now feel amply equiped to teach them a thing or two!

ONWARD!

- Flaming

flameinboots.JPG

elpmis said:
lemme tell ya old friend, it is hard work. but the hardest part of my job is stomaching your private messages:

Best post of the month, hands down.

edit: I tried to give elpie rep and it said I needed to spread it around. :(