Custom Logo Vest

Wren

Flaccid Member
Oct 16, 2006
Marklar
₥0
I came to a revelation today: vests are awesome, but nobody sells them anymore. At least none that aren't just part of a suit. So I've decided to make an attempt at making my own clothes. Even if it turns out not to be something I'm going to wear, I think it will be fun anyway. And I'm making this thread because somehow when I talk about clothes, those threads do well. (Hey, I'm just calling it as it is.)

So my basic idea is to take a black formal vest and put a colorful abstract design on one side and up a little (the lapel area), then wear it over either a t-shirt or a solid-colored dress shirt. Maybe even a solid-colored tie.

This is still in the exploratory phases, so I'll post more about how it turns out later if people are interested.

Example of vest:

6474738f5241d1e8.jpg

I'm thinking of putting the design centered above a pocket, maybe with the vertical center the same with the top button or a little higher.

Design sketch:

6474738f524187b5.jpg

I'm not sure what I want to put in the shield yet. I've drawn some symbols, and I think I want to go with just simple two-tone patterns that are recognizable but still kind of meaningless. Sketch sheet:

6474738f5241aec3.jpg

I also need to pick a color pallet. This is my favorite so far:

6474738f52411a59.png

A less abrasive but also less bold version that I like:

6474738f52413d7f.png

And a more simple idea without the brown:

6474738f524160a6.png

I'm thinking I'll probably get it screen printed, but I don't have any experience with that. I'm wonder how much it will cost for 5 colors and also if the details in the paisley designs will show up. The only other ideas I've had are to paint it, which I don't think would turn out very well, or to see if I could use one of those things where you print them out on a computer and then put it on a shirt somehow (I think usually by ironing?).

Opinions/comments/creative ideas/derailing to talk about fly and april's odd sexual habits/information welcome :D

You'll need a pocket watch to go with the vest. Otherwise you won't be taken seriously. Cool idea though. I wish I had a knack for artistic designs.

You'd get the crap kicked out of you if you wore that to a biker bar.

not everyone is as surly as you, napoleon :fly:

one of the guitar players in my band is a 6'5" 260lb biker and he's practically an irl brother...he'd consider kicking my ass if I wore a vest but wouldn't be able to go through with it

not everyone is as surly as you, napoleon :fly:

one of the guitar players in my band is a 6'5" 260lb biker and he's practically an irl brother...he'd consider kicking my ass if I wore a vest but wouldn't be able to go through with it

I was more referring to the whole "wearing a vest with an insignia in a biker bar" deal.