Cultural Events to be scheduled in Houston

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
OMFG. I mean, it is a nice gesture and all, but according to Fox News the organizers of the Houston Astrodome Evac plan on putting together cultural events for the "refugees" that have been evacuated there from the Superdome. Do they really think that someone gives a shit about going to a "cultural event" when they just lost everything? How about taking the ticket money and bus fare to said event and giving it to the people or Red Cross or someone who can help.
:tard:

Candy said:
OMFG. I mean, it is a nice gesture and all, but according to Fox News the organizers of the Houston Astrodome Evac plan on putting together cultural events for the "refugees" that have been evacuated there from the Superdome. Do they really think that someone gives a shit about going to a "cultural event" when they just lost everything? How about taking the ticket money and bus fare to said event and giving it to the people or Red Cross or someone who can help.
:tard:

These people are completely devastated. They lost everything including their homes, cars, possesions, loved ones, pets, and that doesn't even begin to tell what these people lost emotionally. These cultural events are just the thing needed to take a person's mind off a desolate situation, at least for a little while.

These people are idiots. What they need to do is have Home Depot come out and demonstrate framing, siding and levelling techniques. Something useful in the coming days.

Bubbles said:
These people are completely devastated. They lost everything including their homes, cars, possesions, loved ones, pets, and that doesn't even begin to tell what these people lost emotionally. These cultural events are just the thing needed to take a person's mind off a desolate situation, at least for a little while.

I agree to an extent, but the funds for said events could be spent in better places...

Lord Flaccid said:
These people are idiots. What they need to do is have Home Depot come out and demonstrate framing, siding and levelling techniques. Something useful in the coming days.

I completely agree. Thats what I would want... fuck the museum outing, show me how to fix my life.

Candy said:
I agree to an extent, but the funds for said events could be spent in better places...

Do you realize how long it is going to be before these people can even go back to their homes to asses the damage? The water will not be gone for weeks. What if this happened to us? You know we would not be in the first group of people to run to another state...we proved that with Ivan last year when I went to West Virginia. Do you want to sit in some shitty shelter with a bunch of sweaty poor people and wonder what happened to your mother and Cola for days without any relief or would you like someone to take you to a show so you can forget how fucked up your life is for an hour? The money for supplies and skilled workers is there, but it cannot be utilized until the water recedes and there is no more threat of contamination. Until then, let the people have a hour or two of peace.

Bubbles said:
Do you realize how long it is going to be before these people can even go back to their homes to asses the damage? The water will not be gone for weeks. What if this happened to us? You know we would not be in the first group of people to run to another state...we proved that with Ivan last year when I went to West Virginia. Do you want to sit in some shitty shelter with a bunch of sweaty poor people and wonder what happened to your mother and Cola for days without any relief or would you like someone to take you to a show so you can forget how fucked up your life is for an hour? The money for supplies and skilled workers is there, but it cannot be utilized until the water recedes and there is no more threat of contamination. Until then, let the people have a hour or two of peace.

The events Im sure will be done as a contribution and I am sure at a volunteer cost.

BeeRad said:
The events Im sure will be done as a contribution and I am sure at a volunteer cost.

Ah ha, good point. I feel really bad for these people because I just know that someday soon our entire state is going to flood and the folks in GA will get water front property and I would love for someone to divert my attention from the fact that I have NOTHING and NO ONE for an hour or two.

Bubbles said:
Ah ha, good point. I feel really bad for these people because I just know that someday soon our entire state is going to flood and the folks in GA will get water front property and I would love for someone to divert my attention from the fact that I have NOTHING and NO ONE for an hour or two.

Naw, I'm sure you will be right there with Shawn and I... :fly: :fly: Isn't that enough of a diversion???