cry baby cry

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
when's the last time you've cried? why did you cry? are you an easy crier, or more like once a year? what makes you cry the quickest?

I'm not much of a crier, but when I see father related stuff, that gets to me. The movie "A Beautiful Life" sums up how I feel about being a father. The movie "In the Name of the Father", though not father related, I cried when Gesepe died and when Daniel Day Lewis said, "I came in through the front door and that's how I'm leaving.."

The only book I have ever cried over was "Bridge to Terabithia" when I was like 12. At that time of my life, I didn't cry much at all. It was almost shocking to me when it happened. Incidentally, the movie had the same effect.

I'm not much of a crier. Can't remember the last time... I think I've done it once in front of Zac. :dunno:

I cried the first time I read Where the Red Fern Grows as a kid.

I don't like the whole you need a good cry theory. I've had to full out battle depression way too many times to willingly embrace anything like that.

I cried on Sunday and I cry very easily, it takes little to get to me. If it's parent or child related, it's even easier to make me cry, seriously, I'm worse then a pregnant woman and I don't know why (I think the two pregnancies really close really messed up my hormones and they've never quite recovered).

I cry more with happy tears than sad tears these days, if somebody does something very touching or nice I can easily shed a few tears. I don't really cry at movies too much but there's been a few books where I've had to put them down momentarily because I can't stop crying at how profound some of the things in it were (how gay!).

If I'm feeling hungover or strung out I can cry at anything, but that doesn't count because I'm in a fragile state.

Actually speaking of crying last night I was stroking my cat to sleep and I suddenly realised that she's gonna miss me like hell when I go to Tampa. I usually miss my cats so much I cry a little bit when I'm on holiday. How sad. :(
I am the same way. I get a bit watery when I see animal abuse cases on TV or animals sitting in shelters behind those cages with those 'help me' eyes.

A little bit, just before they wheeled me in.

A lot, after I woke up, and saw my parents there.

It made me sad too, but knew you'd be fine. :heart:

On the film Earthlings there is a section on fur (it's split into 4 categories - farming, pets etc) and there's a scene in it I'll never forget. I think it's filmed in Canada or Alaska and they have some form of beautiful wild fox/cat and they've tied it up and pull the skin off it while it's alive from the eyes upwards, you can see it's eyes moving and the pain it's in and it has tears of blood dripping down from it's tear ducts. :( :( :(

On the film Earthlings there is a section on fur (it's split into 4 categories - farming, pets etc) and there's a scene in it I'll never forget. I think it's filmed in Canada or Alaska and they have some form of beautiful wild fox/cat and they've tied it up and pull the skin off it while it's alive from the eyes upwards, you can see it's eyes moving and the pain it's in and it has tears of blood dripping down from it's tear ducts. :( :( :(

I AM NOT FUCKING WATCHING THAT MOVIE NOW!