critter control

Also, don't let Zac tell you how to use sticky traps. :(

True story, when I was a youngin, we had some mice in the kitchen floor cabinets. So my dad put some glueboards down in the way back of the cabinet. Of course, curious george cat (not its name) went in there to investigate what all the hub-bub was. About 30 seconds later it ran out with the glueboard attached to its foot and tail. We spent the next 30mins trying to capture the cat and another 10mins to cut it out of the glueboard. :fly: We couldn't stop laughing which is probably why it took so long to capture the cat.

No damage done, but wasted a good glueboard.

edit: My dad had to kill rats when he was a kid in the family warehouse. He said you get one shot to hit it otherwise they turn face and go after you! I think he used broken pieces of pallets to take them out. Of course he now contracts it out to a pest control company. Those black box thingies the mice and rats cannot get out of. But whatever you do, don't fuck around with the rat spring traps. They're strong enough to break fingers permanently. Thankfully I've only seen a couple of those in my life.

edit2: Have-a-Heart traps. Very cheap, assuming it is a critter of decent size. Rats are pretty smart and probably avoid them. But cats or dogs, or some other small critter would get trapped in there. That said, your local animal control should take care of this for you.

Last edited:
janice "heard something" in our attic two days ago. sheesh. Who am I? Dale Gribble?!

To which you responded "In a sec, babe. Let's get Sarcasmo's pics out of the way first." Right? Don't make me come over there.

smoky.jpg

Last edited: