critter control

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
we have a screened in back porch, and spange and i have heard some scuffling/scratching going on in the wall. i was wondering if y'all had ever dealt with this before, and what did you do about it...did you call someone? do it yourself? if you did it yourself, did you set a live trap, or poison, or what? i hate to kill something, but i can't have something eating through my house. i called one place and they charge almost $400 for a trap and two-to-three-week removal thing, including top to bottom inspection, which i don't think i need, especially since it's outside next to the trees. i know where this (squirrel?) is, and as soon as it's gone, we're going to cover any holes. can you give me any advice??

The problem with poison as I see it is, after you poison the thing and it crawls back up in your walls to die... and then starts rotting... it's not going to smell very good.

sleeping_kitten.jpg

See he's saying Thorn please don't kill me.

we have a screened in back porch, and spange and i have heard some scuffling/scratching going on in the wall. i was wondering if y'all had ever dealt with this before, and what did you do about it...did you call someone? do it yourself? if you did it yourself, did you set a live trap, or poison, or what? i hate to kill something, but i can't have something eating through my house. i called one place and they charge almost $400 for a trap and two-to-three-week removal thing, including top to bottom inspection, which i don't think i need, especially since it's outside next to the trees. i know where this (squirrel?) is, and as soon as it's gone, we're going to cover any holes. can you give me any advice??

Are you sure it isn't termites or carpenter bees?

Lay some poison out. Get them little green squares. I forget what theyre called. They smell bad to pets ( so dharma will stfu) and the little fgts eat it then go away to die.
If they croak in the wall or attic, well it happens, but they only smell bad for a few days.

Lay some poison out. Get them little green squares. I forget what theyre called. They smell bad to pets ( so dharma will stfu) and the little fgts eat it then go away to die.
If they croak in the wall or attic, well it happens, but they only smell bad for a few days.

SHUT UP MAN i want her to think she is killing kittens.

sheesh.

ahahahaha...i KNOW it's not bees or anything small...it moves and scratches and chews? (ewewew) like it's something bigger. it's big. probably not bigger than my eyes were last night after hearing it, but it's sizeable.

theac, can we borrow some cats to get this thing out? free lunch for them!! :fly:

ahahahaha...i KNOW it's not bees or anything small...it moves and scratches and chews? (ewewew) like it's something bigger. it's big. probably not bigger than my eyes were last night after hearing it, but it's sizeable.

theac, can we borrow some cats to get this thing out? free lunch for them!! :fly:

Carpenter bees can be loud. If its not that, inspect the deck and seal in any gaps or places where this thing could get in. Keep checking on a daily basis after its sealed to make sure it isn't trying to get back in. If its not carpenter bees, my money says squirrel.

My cats would have no idea what to do with a rat/squirrel.

Carpenter bees can be loud. If its not that, inspect the deck and seal in any gaps or places where this thing could get in. Keep checking on a daily basis after its sealed to make sure it isn't trying to get back in. If its not carpenter bees, my money says squirrel.

That's why it's good to have dogs around who are ratters :cool:

Set the pointy dog on it; if she didn't kill it, the thing would be so scared it'd never return.

Set a trap (not the deadly kind) and just let it go miles away from home. Then patch up whatever hole they got in.