Thread Crikey! Dingo almost ate ya baby!

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Girl mauled by Fraser Island dingoes

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/25/3200020.htm

r511912_2774508.jpg

Authorities say two dingoes that mauled a child on Fraser Island, off the southern Queensland coast, will be tracked down and destroyed.
The three-year-old girl was bitten on the legs while waiting to board a barge with her family at Hook Point yesterday.
The dogs leapt from nearby bushes, biting both of her legs.
People who saw the incident chased the dogs away.
Ambulance officials say the girl suffered multiple puncture wounds to her legs.
Terry Harper, from the Parks and Wildlife Service, says the dingoes will be put down.
"We have many witnesses who have provided some very useful information about the identification of those dingoes and in accordance with the Fraser Island dingo management strategy the dingoes responsible for this attack will need to be humanely destroyed," he said.
Mr Harper says the girl received first aid on the barge and was taken to Gympie Hospital for further treatment.
"There were no dingoes in view and the child was momentarily between adults when two dingoes came out from the bushes and attacked the young child," he said.
Dingo expert Dr Ian Gunn says the attack is very unusual.
"I am devastated for the little girl; it is quite amazing to hear why two dingoes have run out of the bush in broad daylight and attacked a little girl," he said.
"It just sounds totally amazing to me and out of character of normal dingo behaviour."
In 2001, dingoes were blamed for the death of a nine-year-old boy who was found dead near the island's Waddy Point.
Dozens of dingoes were killed by rangers as a result of the incident.

bullet. followed by harvesting the meat for food pantries.

urban wildlife corridors need to be opened up to make deer season more effective for cities. most states still need to be hunted a lot more.

it was more that they said destroy that I was questioning. Putting them down humanely or quickly is a different manner. Just the work destroy I found odd.

it was more that they said destroy that I was questioning. Putting them down humanely or quickly is a different manner. Just the work destroy I found odd.

in animal shelters they almost always use the term "destroy" animals for euthanizing them. followed either by mass cremation or a trip to the city dump depending on local ordnances. i suppose its just animal control lingo.

OMG DO YOU AUSSIES NOT HAVE ANY COMPASSION AT ALL?

they should've captured them and released them here to help cull our massive deer population.

Hell no! The last thing you want is a wild dog overpopulation problem. They wont just take out the dear, but almost every animal out there.