Credit Card deals + free stuff

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,121
Steam
mattressfish
I thought I would share a sweet little hustle I've been taking advantage of with you fucks. Since my bankruptcy has fallen off my credit, I've started to take advantage of some of the delicious credit card deals out currently. In the last 6 months, I've received:

75,000 AA points, worth 3 round trip tickets
1 Free ticket from Southwest
$500 in Southwest giftcards (Used $250 and sold the other $250 to plasticjungle.com for $210)
50,000 Delta miles worth 2 round trip tickets
$50 Amex gift card
~$200 in gift cards from Discover

After all that, my outstanding CC balance is: Zero dollars.

I think I've mentioned this before but there are some very easy ways to rack up the minimum required purchase amounts for some of these credit card offers.

1. The US Mint will ship $1,000 in dollar coins to you overnight with free shipping
2. Amazon Payments will allow you to send money between accounts (funded by a credit card) for free.

Both allow you to deposit a "purchase" from your credit card directly into your checking account and then pay off the bill. Easy, quick, and painless.

Today, I ran across this deal:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=17086&t=2740417

I signed up for the card and was approved. Once I submit proof of my 75,000 AA airline miles to them and spend $1000 - they will send me a check for $750. And I get to keep my miles.

As these deals come up, I'll try to add them to this thread, if you guys are interested in this stuff.

:waw:

i can't believe that coin thing worked

are you reporting this shit as income on your taxes?

People used to scam cash back rewards in a similar way. Buy a fuck load of bullion with the credit card. :fly:

not knockin your system, just curious.

Ahh, I dunno. If someone sends me a 1099, I'll file it. I seem to recall reading somewhere that credit card rewards don't count tho.

edit: Quick Google says I'm right-ish. There is no clear ruling that says CC rewards are taxable income and the fact that none of them have 1099'd me kinda back that up.

Last edited:
I think I've mentioned this before but there are some very easy ways to rack up the minimum required purchase amounts for some of these credit card offers.

2. Amazon Payments will allow you to send money between accounts (funded by a credit card) for free.

Both allow you to deposit a "purchase" from your credit card directly into your checking account and then pay off the bill. Easy, quick, and painless.

Interesting, do explain or refer a link?

Last edited:
Somewhat related site:

www.creditkarma.com

Free credit score (from Transunion only it would appear). They do soft-pulls so it should not damage your score by checking using this site. It also has a simulator, so you can check your score should you get a mortgage, vehicle loan, etc.

Last edited:
Interesting, do explain or refer a link?

Basically what you'd do is sign up for 2 Amazon payments accounts: https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/index.htm

Link 1 to a credit card. Link 1 to your checking account. You're allowed to send up to $1000 a month via a credit card to any other account. Send it to yourself and pay off the bill. Buddy of mine has been doing it with 3 credit card to 2 banking accounts for at least three months now...

Well they do when they know that 90% of people will fuck it up and carry a balance on the credit card.

true, i'm still getting assraped on my phone bill which seems to be ever increasing.

no matter how many times i phone, no matter how many shops i go into, no matter how furious i am, i'm always met by some semi-naive sales geebag who won't sort the mess out without requesting to send my phone away for 3 weeks.

intending to replace my 3G blackberry with 4 email accounts and all that other keek with a nokia 3510, which i have to pay a deposit on, despite being a customer of 9 years.

faggots.

it's reasons like this i never sign up for contracts.