Creationism vs. Evolution

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I'm in the firm belief that creationism and evolution can coexist. From the judeo-christian point of view, I don't think that when the Bible was written that people could grasp the concept of 'millions of years' so the crammed it into a week. Especially since the had to cram a day of worship in somewhere. Also, the thing that bothers me about straight creationism is that the supporters of the theory never address dinosaurs. Has anyone heard their stance on that? Just some early morning thoughts.

Well, here's the thing:

It's apples and oranges.

Creationism discusses the origin of life. Evolution explains the processes by which species change over time. The problem comes in when a person believes that all life was created in its present form.

It doesn't specify.

Book of Genesis states that water creatures came first, then came land animals. It doesn't distinct between mammals and reptiles that I can recollect.

Drool-Boy said:
Its science vs religion which is always a losing battle because no one is ever willing to stray from the narrow path of thier beliefs.

also some religous people (my mum for example) take great offence at the suggestion that god doesn't exist, and even more so when i start along the 'if he does exist then he's a big fat prick' road :eek:

what started it all off is one of those questions i'd love the answer to but i find hard to get my mind round. similar to if the universe is a finite size, what the fuck is on the other side of it’ boundary ?

Man wrote the bible not God contrary to popular belief. He wrote it while the earth was still thought to be flat. So there is a chance that he got some facts wrong.

There is proof of evolution. So I'm going with that one. I think a force greater than us started everything in motion then sat back to watch the experiment to see what will happen.

I really only have a problem with "intelligent design". Its pseudo science and compeletely confuses religous beliefs and fact. Its really only an in for teaching religon in school. Evolution is a fact. Period. I'm sorry if you find it insulting that you evolved from a monkey that evolved from a fish that evolved from a single cell organism. Get over it. Just because we evolved doesn't mean there can't be a God. Hell, even the Vatican agrees with evolution now.

b_sinning said:
There is proof of evolution. So I'm going with that one. I think a force greater than us started everything in motion then sat back to watch the experiment to see what will happen.

There's also proof that the theory of evolution is flawed that we didn't evolve from just an animal that there were many "threads" that came about and co-existed.

That was science's answer to the missing link.

Coqui said:
There's also proof that the theory of evolution is flawed that we didn't evolve from just an animal that there were many "threads" that came about and co-existed.

That was science's answer to the missing link.
what?

theacoustician said:
He's saying that two different species mated to form a new species.
I find it hard to believe that life accidentally sprouted twice, but would love to read about it. Anyone got anymore info?

fly said:

Saw it on the Discovery Channel. I'll have to see if I can find it on the Internet.

Basically we didn't just evolve from species to species till we got where we are. That there were multiple variations of homo (insert latin suffix) coexisting at the same time. and that we didn't just evolve from one of them to form homo sapien.