Crazy Atlanta People

Drool-Boy said:
Not right away, but eventually people would learn not to fuck around on the freeways, wouldnt they?
kickme.gif

SpangeMonkee said:
wooo hooo! That's awesome. but what they didn't/don't understand, is that the city doesn't set the speed limit. It's federal. If they changed the speed, they would lose the funding to maintain the highway.

did we get federal highway funding back? last I knew we hadn't had it in a long time

that is awesome. i'd like to shake their hands. except if i had been behind them. then i would've liked to have cut their hands off. with a spork.

SpangeMonkee said:
wooo hooo! That's awesome. but what they didn't/don't understand, is that the city doesn't set the speed limit. It's federal. If they changed the speed, they would lose the funding to maintain the highway.

Isn't it by state? If not, why does the interstate speed limit change by state? It's 65 in VA, 70 in NC, 75 in WV, etc...

SpangeMonkee said:

No, its there for a purpose. this is from a story from the AJC on this.

David Spear, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation, said if the students weren't blocking emergency vehicles and were going the speed limit, "they didn't do a thing wrong." Spear added that the speed limit was lowered to 55 because it saves lives. "In Atlanta, the actual effect of it is we expect the people going 75 to move over so the people going 95 can have the right of way," he said.

And the word Perimeter is basically what people here call you either living in Atlanta, or actually outside of it which basically everyone does. I think only like 300,000 people actually live in Atlanta and everyone else is in various places outside the perimeter.

Coqui said:
But in certain areas of the country, they can get ticketed for doing this.

Does Montana still allow drivers to just drive reasonable speeds during daylight areas in some parts of the state? It's like from 8 to 5 (whatever daylight hours are there) you can ignore the speed limit signs but have to drive around the same speed as everyone else on the road.

b_sinning said:
Does Montana still allow drivers to just drive reasonable speeds during daylight areas in some parts of the state? It's like from 8 to 5 (whatever daylight hours are there) you can ignore the speed limit signs but have to drive around the same speed as everyone else on the road.

I don't know, but certain areas you can get ticketed for impeding traffic regardless of the other person's speed limit.

b_sinning said:

montana got rid of the no daylight speedlimit thing a few years ago